The Tennis Thread

• Members

Where did you get this info from? I was just thinking the other day how the American males that have failed badly in singles are doing well in doubles. Ryan Harrison another one making the semis with Big Foot...forget his name....LOL

I'd call them rejects too....oh well....LOL

But isn't it common knowledge that those that don't succeed in singles quickly go the double route? There are few who only play doubles and never played singles.....I also remember that the Bryan brothers played singles aren't weren't very good...as they admitted and went on to play doubles. Henry Kontenint ....sp? from Finland is another who hasn't done well in singles and stuck to doubles. I thought he has a good game and wonder why it doesn't translate to singles. I think it's the pressure of playing on your own. Some like Harrison and Sock can't handle it. I particularly don't think Ryan Harrison has a game to make in singles...ie....major wins or even 500 tourney wins. It is funny how only Sock is vane...well so is Harrison...and Isner....if Isner didn't have that serve he'd be playing doubles too because the rest of his game stinks. 

Get honored for winning doubles by your state isn't all that great. People will remember the singles winners and not doubles. I hardly remember who wins the doubles except for maybe when Martina was playing and I'd actually watch. 

So is this article saying that Sock is going to retire if he can only succeed in doubles? It wouldn't bother me. If he really cared about singles he'd get into shape and really work hard for it. I recall seeing him walk by during a recent live shot of Tsitsipas preparing for his match and who walks by the screen....Jack Sock .....looking bloated and fat and looked so untuck with his shirt out....looking like a slob.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Boy am I glad I didn't stay up to see that Men's Final!  I slept soundly and got up when I was good and ready and watched the match On Demand. 

The Women's Final was far more entertaining.  Ironically, the Women's final lasted longer too.  One would think this would drive a stake in the heart of the anti-equal pay argument but knowing the stubborn sexist streak endemic to tennis punditry, I doubt it.