Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tsitsipas had already beaten Monfils before. I am surprised he lost to him. Monfils is all over the place and I can't take him serious as a tennis pro.  I wonder how many will play Rotterdam.....RBA pulled out of this weeks tourney....Raonic is still injured.....Pauille lost early this week....and Tsitsipas must still be exhausted from his Aussie run. 

• Members

Well, I watched the match and Monfils was focused, which is not always the case. Tsitsipas tried to take away his timing and it worked for a few points here and there, but Monfils is pretty speedy and caught on fairly quickly.

There were a few bad calls but they surprisingly went against Monfils.  Carlos Bernades wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed out there today, if anyone was tired, surely it was him.

Monfils came out very aggressive, came into net often--he played the type of tennis he's always been capable of but doesn't always put into motion.  Also, Monfils mixed up the pace and ultimately, messed with Tsitsipas' timing on the ball.  At times, it seemed as if he was beating Tsitsipas at his own game.

They had only played once before, so perhaps Monfils learned from that and knew what to expect and how to play him this time.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I guess it's his one great match of the year....He has tanked so matches in his career that's its not even funny anymore from Berdych to others. When I thought he would beat the other player. I guess something motivated him this weekend because he more often than not doesn't give a damn.

• Members

Interestingly enough, the crowd seemed to be with Monfils.

I don't underestimate any player who has been in the Top 10. 

I've heard the Kyrgios has also withdrawn.

...but that can't really be a surprise to anyone, can it?

• Members

A commentator once said "He brings his opponents' games down to his level, he makes them play badly".

Please register in order to view this content

I watched a few games (very few) of Fed Cup specifically AUS vs. USA and both Madison Keys' and Sloane Stephens' performances in Fed Cup are the reason why I really cannot invest in either of them.  

Keys was up 3-0 on Ashleigh Barty and had she held serve, Keys would've been up 4-0.  

I leave for a few minutes and return and it's 3-1.  I figure, well, Keys is still up a break but clearly Barty got one of the breaks back.

I leave again, this time for longer.  I return, Barty is up 5-3.  Me: "Keys is totally gonna lose this, isn't she?" 

Checking back and the match is over.   Me:  "Australia figures they can win this now, Madison really must've lost". 

Keys was supposed to be the leader of this team, since she is the highest ranked player on today's squad but just like when Stephens was supposed to be the leader, she flopped. 

Now, it's up to CoCo, I mean Collins to rescue the tie for the US.

Last time around, when the U.S. won the Fed Cup a couple years ago, it was supposed to be Sloane's team but CoCo ended up putting in the work to win the final.