Primetime Soaps

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess this wasn't a surprise, but RIP Christopher Cazenove :( . The Blake/Ben/Caress/Alexis stuff was one of the better stories in those poor post-Moldavia seasons. They just sort of gave up on Ben after they suddenly redeemed him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1264369/Dead-64-TV-star-Christopher-Cazenove-loses-battle-septicaemia.html

• Members

He's been in a lot of stuff but Dynasty is also the only place I remember him from. Apparently he was in Three Men and a Little Lady but I haven't seen that in almost twenty years.

I just remembered John Forsythe passed away only last week. I guess he and Christopher are having a reunion.

• Members

OMG, LOL with shame. :blush: But wow, that is really something, for them both to go within such a short span of time. He also appeared on B&B with Stephanie Beacham a few years ago, they played themselves visiting Jackie's boutique.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I finally made it to Wal-Mart to get Falcon Crest's first season!! Very excited. I've only seen three episodes: the third season finale, fourth season premiere, and the series premiere. Loved them all and looking forward to watching the whole first season.

Even though I'm bummed that the delicious and lovely Ana Alicia doesn't show up until later :(

• Members

I'm waiting on Netflix. I hope they don't go the way of Peyton Place (to "Unavailable" land).

I saw the first episode on TV Land a long time ago but can't remember a lot of it. I just remember Angela with a very tight, unflattering perm, and being disappointed that Susan Sullivan didn't turn around in the opening credits.

• Members

Wow, I can't believe I've totally forgotten about it, that's what happens when you're spoiled out of the blue with just loads of classic TV, but does AOL still have its video channel? They were airing Falcon Crest, complete with the The Innocent Years pilot with Angela in the white wig, Richard as her son played by Duncan from ATWT, Clu Gulagher as Chase, Samantha Eggar as Maggie, Julia here called Dorcas (LOVE that).

Edited by SFK

• Members

AOL shut that channel down like a year ago :(

I think you mean "The Vintage Years." It's not included in the DVD release, unfortunately, even though I was 95% sure it would be. The season's only 18 episodes, so adding two more hours (or was it just one?) wasn't gonna hurt. I want to see Angela in that hideous wig! And I wouldn't even know how to pronounce "Dorcas." Earl Hamner must have been out of his mind when he came up with that.

• Members

DOH, my bad, "The Vintage Years", confusing it with Y&R. Yeah, I watched about half of it, and LOL @Dorcas, yup, just how it looks, as in Malorcas. :P

I don't know why they decided to put La Wyman in a wig, and I'm surprised she even went along with it. Rarely do you see PTB trying to age women on TV, especially ones who are already beyond "a certain age". My how times have changed. Kinda like the grey streaks they put in Stephanie Beacham's hair on "The Colbys".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Someone uploaded the German opening credits for Bare Essence the series. As with most U.S. soaps shown in foreign markets, sounds like BA got a new theme in Germany (in the preview, you can hear the instrumental for "In Finding You I Found Love" so I'm assuming it was carried over from the miniseries in America, not sure if the Sarah Vaughan vocal was as well).

Jennifer O'Neill replaced Linda Evans, Jessica Walter replaced Lee Grant, and Jaime Lyn Bauer replaced Donna Mills.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BT8piAszVHQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BT8piAszVHQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/BT8piAszVHQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Tyger with a "y". Love that. :P

• Members

I know! I saw some of the mini on cable a few years back, and of course it's on YouTube. I wonder if the series is on Ioffer or something.

Not to judge a book by its cover, but it already looks more interesting than Emerald Point N.A.S. turned out to be, I still have one episode left of that.

I love how overtly sexual and violent those clips are. :lol: Genie Francis and Jennifer O'Neill keep taking off their tops, and doesn't it look like Jessica Walter is getting h___ at :41? :ph34r: Plus all those slaps, I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing and replaying Jennifer O'Neill getting slapped at :46.

So glad that Jessica Walter got to play an '80s soap bitch. She laid the groundwork with Play Misty for Me. Esther Shapiro wanted her for Alexis, and of course I would NEVER trade Joan, but I'm very curious to see what she did with Ava.

• Members

Lee Grant was fabulous as Ava, from the very beginning when she blamed her husband for dying before their son was ready to take over the family business.

It's been a while since I've seen the whole mini...definitely gotta give it a watch one of these days.

The music in the German opening is so big and over-the-top...and absolutely amazing!