Primetime Soaps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember "For Love & Honor". I didn't watch it, though. It wasn't on very long at all (September 23, 1983 - December 27, 1983). The networks had prime time soaps out the wazoo in '83. The same season, CBS premiered the short-lived "Emerald Point, N.A.S." (which lasted just about as long) and NBC also premiered "The Yellow Rose" (which also didn't make it past that season, but did warrant a weird repeat run during the summer of 1990. Also on the air during the 1983-1984 season were the standard bearers "Dallas", "Dynasty", "Knots Landing", & "Falcon Crest". "For Love & Honor" aired at 10pm on Fridays and was up against "Falcon Crest" on CBS and "Matt Houston" on ABC. It's lead-in was "Manimal". NBC has never had much success with their Friday schedule. lol

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It was one of those shows like Lone Star which seemed to get a lot of press support but viewers were not interested at all, for whatever reason. I think ABC just wasn't a network for the hip young primetime fare. This was not too long before their big hit was Millionaire.

• Members

Yep.

FOUR CORNERS had a terrific premise, I thought. Unfortunately, I don't think CBS was patient enough. It seems they had forgotten that it took awhile for DALLAS and KNOTS LANDING to become hits for their lineup.

ETA: Just wanted to add that I recall to this day an end-of-episode moment where Ann-Margret's character tells another, "My son is not for sale." It was the kind of "Oh, SNAP!" moment that reminded me of Jacobs's other shows at their peak.

Edited by Khan

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That looks like Linda Gray, Jamie Luner and Jennifer Lopez! LOL. I read this got a spinoff. How did a failed show that got cancelled with only 6 episodes warrant a spinoff?

ETA: Just found out that IS J Lo

Edited by Cheap21