July 2-6, 2007

Toups

• Members

Nothing happened, that is part of the problem. Wimbledon week is always filler. For years I would record it and watch all 3 episodes along with the one from the following Monday at the same time. Hopefully that is what happened with the Nielsen sample, and DAYS will bounce back next week. Last year Wimbledon week was .3 lower than the week before it and the week after it. But still, 1.8 for the week is scary. As a DAYS viewer of course I don't want it to be cancelled, but then I don't want any of the cornerstone soaps (Y&R, GH, and DAYS) to be eliminated. Once any one of them is gone, I believe that all the rest will follow shortly behind.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Normally I would be happy about Days fall but since they normally have big drops the week of the tennis preemptions, I am going to let this week and most likely next week slide. Historically, Days has bad ratings the week of and the week after preemptions for tennis.

• Members

As much as I think that story is dumb, I am not sure I would blame the ratings drop from last week on it yet since the ratings for Days are always bad during Wimbledon and the week after. It usually takes Days a few weeks to recover from the Wimbledon drop. If two weeks from now, Days is still getting a 1.8 or a 1.9, then I would blame the story. But as of now, the drop that Days diadis pretty consistent with drops in the past during Wimbledon. It was not uncommon for the show be like at a 2.7, then drop to 2.3 the week of tennis and take 2 or 3 weeks to get back to that 2.7.

• Members

Wimbeldon is always bad for NBC, but my goodness look at the drop from last year.

8. DAYS 1.8 (-.4/-.5)

DAYS dropped -.3 last year and was still .5 higher. Will the bleeding ever stop?

DAYS lost almost a million viewers from Feb-May and none have come back. Unfortunatly, I think the damage has been done.

• Members

Honestly, it looks like the ratings will at least remain steady as long as Gwen is featured. The week was a straight 2.1, even though Thursday was nothing more than an hour long Branson commercial.

I'm a total sellout...I hope Y&R gets back on track soon, so hopefully ATWT can get a bump. And B&B needs help desperately. Hopefully the Brooke drama will help them get going again.

• Members

Not suprised in the LEAST about DAYS rating.

Wimbledon is annually the shows WORST weekly rating of the year and they experience MASSIVE drops from the previous week. So a -.4 is about right!

NO ONE watched last week barely and Wed was a special, so I mean can't really take this week seriously.

DAYS will be the biggest gainer next week FOR SURE!

Archived