July 2-6, 2007

Toups

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS IMHO is one of the best soaps on right now, along with ONE LIFE are my 2 faves right now. GH has dropped down below both because of the constant Jason/Elizabeth/Sam/Sonny/Carly/Jerry/Jax/Kate-Connie/Patrick/Robin sameness over and over. GH needs a new head-writer, a new producer, & a few axings to get it out of its mess. (I'm almost about to drop GH in fave of ATWT due to the Jason/Elizabeth mess). I'm glad ONE LIFE has increased in its ratings and w/ Ron Carlivati's shows airing in August, I bet ONE LIFE's ratings will continue to go up.

• Members

What's going on with the CBS Early Show is that many affiliates only air the second hour of the show in full. About 40 CBS affiliates work a good chunk of local news into the first hour of the show, then carry The Early Show from 8am-9am. What CBS is planning on doing is revamping their morning news show once again, and have affiliates carry the entire 2 hour block, in whole. The change won't happen until early 2008, and cutting P&G's shows to a half hour format has not been discussed. Some affiliates are balking at the plan, and will need to make up revenue somehow to recoup the loss of local advertising. What I'm afraid might happen is a continuation of the trend to move GL to the morning time slots (9 or 10am) and keep open the later afternoon timeslot for more lucrative syndicated or local programming, so the affiliates can make back the money they'll lose by eliminating their local portions to the CBS Early Show.

Archived