Y&R: Who Should Replace LML, When The Time Comes?

• Members

Well, many people aren't savvy enough to articulate the real problems unless they're completely bored. They may not express themselves to the show or on the internet at all. But relying on ratings as a gauge of progress is totally disingenuous. While this is not Shakespeare, there ought to be something artistic about it. Writers and producers know the difference, otherwise their training is useless and you or I could have their jobs. By refusing to police themselves, they're putting across the idea that only art that makes money is good. The #1 movie at the box office is usually horrible commercial crap.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get your point but since Y&R is the only show where the CBS (!) message boards have such vocal threads like "this show sucks" is telling a lot. One can only hope that changes for the better are made. Right now I highly doubt it and am glad for every single former Y&R actor/writer which joins B&B...

• Members

Nah, you are not sorry. I am surprised because you of all people should know that this is good thing given the graphs that you make of the ratings for the different soaps. The soap ratings have been dropping since February when they peaked. Of all the soaps, Y&R is the only one that has appeared to stabilized. This is a big deal because it may indicate that the show is now on stable ground. We won't know for sure for another months or so though. Also, the average for the year shows that Y&R's ratings are higher than last year at half way.

As for insulting the audience that continues to watch Y&R, people watch shows that they are entertained and change the channel when they are not. It really is that simple.

• Members

Very true BUT SLOWLY even to me Y&R is starting to come apart. I have praised LML and will continue to do (thus far)so but Amber is sickening. I dont like how she has everyone caught up in her. Daniel, Lily, Cane, Kevin, Kay,Jill, its all about her. Cane is so dumb. WHERE IS NEIL? WHERE IS DEVON? When will VIKCI STOP BEING SO DAMN PASSIVE AND WHINY> Where's her back bone. PLEASE STOP THAT STUPID ROCK MUSIC

• Members

Just coming apart? Oh my you do have faith.

You know something is seriously wrong with this show when a no ties character like Amber gets the cover of SOW!

She won't get totally busted. She wil get propped out of this mess.

Just like we have Bardwell paralyzed due to a stroke and Gloria taking care of him and he is writing MURDERER

• Members

Just coming apart? Oh my you do have faith.

You know something is seriously wrong with this show when a no ties character like Amber gets the cover of SOW!

She won't get totally busted. She will get propped out of this mess.

Just like we have Bardwell paralyzed due to a stroke and Gloria taking care of him and he is writing MURDERER on napkins. And Gloria is asking her son, an attorney what she should do and he is like stay with him at all times and like mocking him. Gloria deserves to burn in hell for what she did, I am sorry but she does. And Amber just needs to run off to the next brothel and get the frig off my screen!!!!!

My blood preassure goes up anytime I watch this show.

• Members

LOL yes it's true. I liked LML for a long time . But this show has really changed. Dru, Victor's Ashely absence has really taken its toll. This stroke wit Bardwell, and this Amber propping is pissing me off. Phyllis getting everything and it's all about her. Phylis pimping Sharan. I can't take much more and AGAIN WHERE IS NEIL AND DEVON!!!???? I could have sworn I read a somewhere that Amber was leaving the show becuase of some music. What happend? Then I keep reading spoilers that Amber is exposed But it never happens. Instead she gets propped to pimp other characters and storylines

• Members

This is an understatement.

@ Heather Webber: Your assessment that unhappiness amongst viewers and their vocal spread of words is usually couple-influenced is absolutely true although it tended to be a ABC/NBC thing for most the time. And there are some unhappy "Phick" (that's how you call that awful couple don't you?) on the CBS message board but the most parts its simply people who are disgusted by the way Y&R is written, by the newbies front and centre, by the lack of sensefull stories and so on. And I'm so happy that they do break their silence because Y&R viewers aren't usually that internet-savy and older so I'm positively surprised that there is outrage and such vocal one. Hopefully those voices are heard...

...Sure changes can always get worse but I've already quit watching Y&R and find it totally cancellation-worthy so at least for me it can't get any worse. Worst case would be remain stagnant sh*tty. With the right changes however this show could get back where it belongs (and was before LML took over), ahead of the other soap-pack.

• Members

Can someone explain why the hell Barbara Bloom is a breakdown writer on Y&R now? She's single handedly behind the changes at the show, as she's the one who bought in LML, yet now she's writing herself for the show? This woman needs to concentrate more on CBSD and fire the hacks she's employed. I still think she's better than Frons, but she's quickly sinking to his level.

Hopefully this means she notices Y&R has problems and wants to help. Eh, somehow I doubt it....

• Members

Well, I have no idea. I'm puzzled by the fact she's listed as AHW - shouldn't she be something like storyline consultant or something? Then I'd know she's actually the one writing this.

Who is who's myrmidon here is a big question - is Barbie Latham's or more likely is Latham Barbie's? Or are they both working to please Sony?

Archived