May 21-25, 2007

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! Thanks for keeping things realistic, King! It's really best to take a wait and see approach, instead of just assuming ratings will rise for such and such reason. It's just a fantastic idea to never get our hopes up for anything.

Remember the fiasco from a year ago that Days would surpass B&B and take that #2 spot by Christmas of 06? :rolleyes:

• Members

I MASSIVELY disagree with you on the fact that the "Steve In the Asylum" story was one of the most embarassing things ever seen on DAYS.

Considering we had Marlena's coffin travelling through hell, Mike/Carrie flying bed, Austin/Greta in Virtual Eden, Isabella turns into a goblin during Possession story, Vivian/Ivan masquerading as Fries/SoftDrink, John takes the chip out of Hope's head at the Mother of the Year Party, Tropical Temptation and the Search for Gran's Ruby (:rolleyes:), Jack & Jennifer join the circus, The 5 clone Marlenas, Vivian being controlled by Steffie from a chip in her tooth, VR Goggle story, Eugene's time machine, Magnetic Floor on Melaswen, John to the guillotine, Choreographed Dancing, Greta the Swamp Girl, Stillborn baby Gerogie returns as a 18 year old girl named Chelsea, Lady in a Cage Story, Alice Horton is doughnuted to death during Salem Stalker storyline, Vivian falls from hot air balloon and is rescued mid air by Ivan who is parachuting, Jan keeps Shawn in a cage, Samurai Tony (nuff said), Rex/Cassie arrive from outerspace via space pods, Jack is "Gay", J&J reduced to props for months during "In The House", "Love is Blind" Reality Show, The Great Quake (vomit), Rex/Cassie trying to remove their sci-fi bracelets (OMG how bad was DAYS during this time), Mimi & Rex go rollerblading around Salem with a dead body for comic relief?, Saved by The Chlome, Saved by The Salem High, Kirsten Storms (again, nuff said), Brady/Chloe remaking the Sound of Music, Susan the Gigantor (haha), Thomas Banks/Penelope Kent/Sister Mary Moira, Belle's dream where Chloe came to the beach on a freaking gigantic shell and all the pointless frolicking on the beach (my FREAKING GOD that was bad) and COUNTLESS other moments/storylines were FAR FAR FAR FAR more embarassing than Steve in the asylum storyline.

The writing was a bit repetative, but the acting was outstanding and honestly, if that is the worst story DAYS can put on this year, than we should all thank our lucky stars and then thank them AGAIN!

Once again, TOTALLY disagree!

• Members

In today's soap climate, it's virtually impossible for a soap to make a rise week after week after week without at least one week of dropping, or remaining stagnant. Days won't drop next week, but I don't think it'll go up, either... it'll just remain where it's at. Good things have happened, but there are also things happening that nobody cares about... such as the arrival of Jeremy/Jett and crap with Willow.

• Members

Steve and Kayla's storyline is BIZARRE to me. I recognize the fact that Hogan is a better soap writer than JER has been the last few years. HOWEVER, on a JER soap, I usually, 9 times out of 10, understand the reasoning behind things. Given, some of the reasoning is cracked out. Like Chad cheating on Whitney...but it started when she was in the convent and yadda yadda. The repetitive dialogue is a bit much, but it gets the point across as to what is going on in the head of characters. With Hogan's DAYS, I have no idea what the hell is going and why characters are doing things. They take these actions for the sake of doing them. One second, Steve is bad, the next he's good. One second, characters/couples are on good terms, the next they are not. I have no idea what is going on half the time on his DAYS. JER dragged things out, but he could never be accused of skipping beats to get to the next one, which, IMO, is what Hoagster does.

• Members

Whatever. Guess you didn't notice that the first time E.J. was shirtless in like six months was the highest rated day of the week? Anyone can play this game. At least the ratings this week as a whole are up from where they were the week of "the most anticipated wedding in daytime."

• Members

Days has been getting better slowly but surely, and it is appropriate that the ratings reflect the improvements. The Friday before a holiday always is a low scorer for the show because it skews younger and younger people are more likely to hit the road. Last summer posters were upset over a 2.3 on the week of the 4th and the show bounced right back to a 2.6 the next week. I will be the cock-eyed optimist who says that Days will get a 2.3 when this week's ratings come out. The balance is better, and things are actually happening outside of Shelle island.

• Members

B&B's ratings are disappointing! :unsure:

I loved the Brooke/Stephanie stuff last week.

I'll blame the ratings on the disaster that is Nick/Taylor(possibly the worst ever couple on the show), and that freak known as Constantine LOL :rolleyes:

It's hilarious when DAYS fans are celebrating it getting a rating of 2.2. That's still worse than JER. :lol:

• Members

YES! Latham's stunt brought that big increase but then Y&R crashed and burned tumbling right back to 4.0! Come on 3.9, come on 3.8.

I am disappointed AMC dropped.... but if it probably weren't for Bush interfering the ABC soaps would not have suffered as much.

Nice to see Jean driving ATWT down to those record lows once again. Maybe we are one step to having her fired. I will start watching again when Cady returns, but I am very fearful as to what Jean will do to the character.

• Members

Exactly.

Not only is B&B absolutely true to its identity but it is also a soap opera role model these days. Too bad that the ratings do not reflect it.

Hopefully Y&R will get closer to a 3.0 very soon. They deserve to crash and burn. This show is a poor excuse of trash drivel.

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again---the succes of Y&R is absolutely 100% more important than that of every other soaps. If Y&R continues to go into the toilet (could it get any worse?) and the ratings reflect that, it will continue to have a domino effect on the rest of the CBS lineup. You can already see that. Once Y&R is in the toilet then there won't even be one soap that you can look at as pulling in the ratings. Thats when I see more cancellations and dire straits.

Alden/Smith were fired after winning an Emmy for Best Writing. Latham has given the show nothing but terror yet she gets to keep her job? Do they *have* to keep her until the end of her contract? It just seems to me that the problem is *so* obvious, but I feel as a fan that I'm powerless. I don't see them doing ANYTHING to fix things.

I also fully expect them to win Best Drama/Writing at the Emmys which could furthur cement her job. It would say that their experiment worked and they will overlook the ratings.

I wish Kay Alden had a website or something so we could beg her to see what she can do. What about Brad Bell? Would be fabulous if SON or another soap site could interview someone from the Bell family and submit questions from the fans explaining our disappointment in the show.

Archived