May 21-25, 2007

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 7 2007, 12:39 PM)
Where are todays ratings? I don't even see a thread.

go back one page

DAYS is number 5, tied with OLTL!

Everyone slipped at least .1 except DAYS, they went up, AMC they stayed the same, and PSSN for staying steady. wow this is sad going into June.

• Members

Oh, that statement can be turned around so easily. Nobody really knows where the blame lies... it's all speculation. I'm fully aware of the idiocy of Ken Corday, but one thing I've always given him credit for is keeping the show veteran-centric. He's an idiot, but backburnering the vets isn't something he's ever done in the past like this -- until Hogan came on board. That's just a little bit suspicious, IMO. Everyone's too quick to blame everything bad on Corday, because he does deserve credit for allowing this show to remain so full of vets. Then again, the budget may or may not have been part of the reason for the lack of vets, too. Budget certainly can't be blamed for boring stories, though! Hogan could've written exciting stories despite everything, and he didn't. That lies on HIS shoulders, IMO.

Hogan very well might be the one to blame for all of this. Then again, maybe not... but I suppose we'll never really know for sure.

As for DAYS ratings... woohoo! The show puts the veterans on the frontburner and in a decent storyline and look what it gets them. Ratings! Whodathunkit? I'm really surprised that the ratings went up another point, though. I thought they would just remain steady, if anything, because Friday's show was a real clunker with Jeremy/Jett's introduction, IMO.

At some point they have to fall. I just wonder when, and how much?

• Members

Kenny, that is my opinion, ok?

You can blame Hogan all you want. That's up to you. I blame the asswipe that I prevously mentioned. The EP in charge of this show.

And also, the balance stunk when the show was down, but the show, IMO, was not boring. If it was for you, cool.

Days is near where it should be. I love it right now, and with some more great writing and a few tweaks her and there, who knows how far it will go.

But, like I said....that is my opinion. :)

• Members

Roman, did I say that it wasn't?

I don't recall ever saying that you weren't entitled to your point of view. I simply gave my feedback as a response. Me having an opinion of my own doesn't mean I was discrediting you for having yours. We're all entitled.

Meanwhile, I also didn't say that I'm blaming Hogan for backburnering the veterans. With budget issues maybe or maybe not being involved, it's hard to really say what the reason was -- be it Hogan, Corday, or simply the budget. That's not a clear issue. The only thing I blame Hogan for is churning out mediocre storylines in the shuffle, regardless who he was being 'forced' to write for.

Archived