May 21-25, 2007

Toups

• Members

Well, they haven't been doing anything for the show since January, where entire WEEKS were 2.0 or lower, so these ratings aren't any proof. Individual days aren't an indication of how popular a character or couple is. The majority of fans don't know who is on from day to day. The only thing that can be counted on are trends....and the trend is upward, at least for now.

The biggest issues are the writing and the balance. Any couple or story that is on five times a week, no matter how much of a fave, will begin to annoy audiences if others are pushed to the backburner.

One could also argue that the ratings, overall, are on the rise, so EJami are doing plenty for the soap since the DiBrady story was starting that week. Also, Marlena was on Friday....so is she the reason the show is sinking?

Anything can mean anything.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally Agree!

Just because Sami/EJ were on Friday, doesn't mean sh*t!

Since DAYS is a soap that scews towards a younger audiences 18-34...no doubt a lot of these people went out of town on Friday for the long weekend!

Regardless, I am just happy to see DAYS at their higest HH rating in months! A huge congratulations to the actors and writers for making the month of May an awesome month, and it really paid off in the ratings...that is the most important part.

• Members

Anyway....

I'm glad that Days is continuing to climb. The show is getting better by the week, and when this major story kicks into high gear, it will be really interesting to see how far it can go up.

Y&R? I don't know what to say. That ratings bump lasted one week, and has sunk right back down to a 4.0. I truly believe that it will go under that next week. This show is crashing and burning right now, and I am shocked that CBS Daytime doesn't see this.

• Members

Totally agree on the crime issue. We know nobody is going to pay unless the actor is leaving the show, so stop having everyone commit crimes. Lucinda trying to murder Craig was the final straw! It should have been Lucinda and Craig wheeling and dealing and outsmarting each other in the boardroom instead. Underhanded yes, but illegal, no. I hated the way Carly was written out but her return has been so bad I have totally forgiven her. Kack worked as friends because they do have the brother/sister vibe. Zero appeal as lovers. If they wanted Jack to have a new romance so badly they should have hired somebody. I enjoyed Cleo at first but that time has passed. A few years ago I never thought I would be missing Barbara, but this is just criminal. You would think she died with Jennifer.

• Members

I agree with you too Mitch. DAYS was the only soap to steadily progress for the month of May if I'm not mistaken. The quality of the show has been steadily improving, as well as the balance beginning to return. That means something. I hope this week does well too. We've had a lot of J&M, B&H, and all the good stuff inbetween.

• Members

That being said, lets hope that Sheffer and Corday see these rating gains for the last month and never make the mistake of backburning Reckell, Alfonso, Hall or Hogestyn ever again (not that they were the sole reason for the increases, but I bet they had a big part of it.

This has been another great week though, so hope DAYS can maintain the 2.2 for next week or even jump to the next level.

Can't wait to see the Total Viewer/18-49/18-34 numbers now!

• Members

That being said, lets hope that Sheffer and Corday see these rating gains for the last month and never make the mistake of backburning Reckell, Alfonso, Hall or Hogestyn ever again (not that they were the sole reason for the increases, but I bet they had a big part of it.

This has been another great week though, so hope DAYS can maintain the 2.2 for next week or even jump to the next level.

Can't wait to see the Total Viewer/18-49/18-34 numbers now!

So happy DAYS has taken back the #1 position in 18-34!

• Members

I agree Ryan. I am very disappointed they aren't doing that. They show the Dimera/Brady promos and that's it.

I agree with Andre, Mitch, and those that say that one character or couple does not determine the ratings for a particular day. It's all about the story and the balance. It can hurt a show in the long run, like it did this past winter with Days falling, but if there is balance and the stories are at least somewhat interesting you will get somewhere.

Now I wouldn't say people don't know who is on everyday. If anything, through this whole Days ratings mess, I have learned a fair majority do. They can find out by simply looking at the little blurb that is on their cable box for Days which gives a brief preview of the episode for the day. The rabid fanbases check out prevuze and other spoilers to see when their faves are on so they can watch those specific days. Then you have the general fans, who watch for good story and drama regardless of who is on. More people know then any of us think. I wish they didn't but they do.

• Members

It´s sad to say but I think main reason for the ratings increase is a lack of Steve/Kayla. Not them as characters but their storyline. That Steve in an asylum storyline was one of most embarrasing thing I´ve ever seen on DAYS. And it was on a lot. Combined with as much uninteresting and pointless Shelle island (and with zero chemistry between MM and BB) it was really hard to stay tune in.

• Members

I am going to throw out a different idea...I think DAYS' ratings will stay stagnant or drop.

1. The newbies are awful. I am watching them now.

2. Having read spoilers, this Brady/Dimera feud seems to be disappointing to say the least.

If they go up, whatever, I'll be happy. But, IN MY OPINIONNNNNNNNNNNNNN, some of you are living in a fantasy land.

• Members

ATWT

MONDAY 2.1.....Emily/Dusty/Allison storyline....Jack trying to sell his house.

TUESDAY 2.2....Carly and Jack come face to face.

WEDNESDAY 2.1

THURSDAY 2.2.....Bob catches Lucinda ...and Lucinda poisons Craig....Meg finds Craig on the floor

FRIDAY 2.2.....Susan tells Craig that Meg saved his life

Archived