DAYS: John/Marlena spoiler...

• Members

So, according to fans at the fan event this past weekend with Drake Hogestyn, he gave these tidbits...

1.) John wakes up from his coma.

2.) He wants to go home, but Marlena informs him that she sold their penthouse. (don't even get me started...)

3.) John accuses Marlena of 'moving on.'

**Keep in mind that these aren't confirmed by the show or any magazine publications... only from those who attended Drake's fan event**

That's all, folks! ;) Doesn't that sound like a tearful reunion? He almost dies, then wakes up to accuse Marlena of moving on too quickly... nice! Brings a tear to my eye! REALLY. It makes me want to bawl with dissatisfaction.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Copied and pasted from another thread, because I don't feel like re-typing...

Beyond lame. So out of character for both. John would be the first to want Marlena happy... he'd never hold it against her for 'moving on.' That said, Marlena never would. Not until every shred of hope had literally vanished, and even then nothing would compare for her.

As for Marlena selling the home... it doesn't work for the character at all! She's been telling everyone all this time that "John is still in there" and "it's only a matter of time before he wakes up." Even if she gave up all hope, there's no way she'd just randomly sell her family home that has all those memories... that's such poor writing! Ugh. And if they MUST get rid of that gorgeous set, they could've done it in a different way. Let EJ burn it down or something. Marlena would never just randomly sell it to the highest bidder. She would've agonized over the decision first. We haven't heard her mention it once! John bought her the penthouse. No way would she just be that flip and carefree about it to sell it off-screen as if it were an afterthought...

• Members

They'll probably just use Steve and Kayla's hotel room set for J&M. They'll change the bedding when it's supposed to be J&M's 'place,' then change the bedding back for Steve and Kayla's. That's how they'll differentiate.

This is probably Corday's way of going green.

• Members

ICAM Kenny

It's a slap in the face for not only J/M fans, but for DAYS fans in general.

Guess this is Corday's way of punishing the viewers who boycotted/tuned out during the last 4 months.

• Members

I shot off this e-mail a couple of hours ago...

Subject: "Days selling John & Marlena's Penthouse!"

Date: 5/15/2007 2:31:58 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time

Recipients: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Dear Ken Corday, Hogan Sheffer, NBC Executives and Media Outlets,

Wow! I just heard the news of 'Days' selling John and Marlena's penthouse set to SOAPnet's "I Wanna Be A Soapstar." I'm so furious right now, I can't even see straight! John and Marlena fans have been repeatedly slapped in the face over the last several months (years, actually), but this is just the straw that broke the camel's back! That set is not only one of the few decent, visually appealing sets left at 'Days' (love the inside balcony!) but it's also an important part of John and Marlena's history.

It doesn't make sense creatively, either. I understand that Marlena's going to inform John that she's sold their family home once he wakes from his coma. What a lovely reunion... not! Not only is it completely out of character for Marlena to ditch her digs, it also doesn't fit the story! She would never sell the home that John bought her unless she truly thought that John would never wake from his coma and she couldn't live there with memories of him surrounding her. Fortunately for fans, however, Marlena never believed that John would never recover. She has been telling everyone all this time that "John is still in there" and "it's only a matter of time before he wakes up."

If they must get rid of that gorgeous set, they could've gone about it it in a different way. Let EJ burn it down, at the very least! Marlena would never just randomly sell it to the highest bidder -- she would've agonized over the decision first. We haven't heard her mention it once! John bought her that gorgeous penthouse. No way would she just be that flip and carefree about it to sell it off-screen as if it were an afterthought. This is such poor, disappointing writing!

Why must they sell away all familiarity while continually bringing on new faces that nobody cares to see? If they need money that badly, I suggest that they simply don't bring in new characters by the busload! That would save a bundle, eh? That way, they could leave our pieces of history alone rather than selling them for a quick buck. Leave John and Marlena's home alone! Getting rid of the set speaks volumes about what the show feels about John/Marlena and their place on the show. They have no home at Days anymore -- literally!

-Kenneth Napier, Indiana

• Members

How in the world can Hogan get rid of a set? :blink:

Ugh, why would John accuse Marlena of moving on? I don't get it. Back when John was awake, we got good stuff for the two.

I try to be positive, but this worries me for whats to come in the Summer. I love all the returns, but can they be written right?

• Members

This is very dissapointing, but I will just wait and see and try to be positive. I hope the selling of the mansion and the accusing of moving on actually has a storyline point and hopefully happens for a reason.

Archived