Days: Tuesday, May 1st

• Members

Wow, it took her longer to think up Adrienne than it took Adrienne to show up at the door. Seems as though she has been living only minutes away the whole time and no one has mentioned her nor have we seen her since Steve came back or Jack arose from the dead for the third time.....very poor. I think the story should have at least mentioned where she appeared from in such record speed. Still continuity problems galore.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's why I'm giving them NO mercy, billyjill. TherE'S NO way a writer wouldn't realize THAT line wouldn't be interpreted THAT way. Oh, "Days" is so obsessed with above-average beautiful people that they've gone to a new low: MAKING FUN OF NATURAL-LOOKING PEOPLE. And getting OFF on it! That's sick!

• Members

To be fair to Judi, I think she's doing more than just the wig, lol. I noticed a change in her voice. A slight change in the speed of her dialogue. (It's faster, more polished, I'd say). And demeanor. She's doing what she can to make the characters separate. And amazingly, I'm a HUGE Bonnie fan and I think she's doing a BANG-UP job.

• Members

Damn, Sam! The previews for tomorrow's episode look (surprisingly) great. I can't wait for the Celeste/Kate scenes!

Kate: "That's right! I've discovered Sami's dirty little secret, daaahhhhling. See you at the wedding!"

Kate mocking Celeste's 'dahling?!' How dare she. Slap her, Celeste. Slap her!

• Members

Has anyone noticed that Kate's voice tends to sometime sound like "A Midwest Preacher's Wife Taking An Isht"?

Bonnie/Adrienne will share some difficult similarities for a while, I believe. I do, however, hope they explain how it took Adrienne such little time to get there. It's been said that Justin will be addressed, so maybe her address will be, too. :P

What in the HECK did E.J. put in Sami's I.V.?! How many times must I ask?!

• Members

I totally agree that Stephanie's personality is very jarring. Last we knew, Stephanie was a sweet girl looking for an equally sweet boy. Now she comes back and boasts to Abby that her new boyfriend is a bad-boy rebel.

I think it would've been better if they had kept Shayna Rose around in a recurring capacity. Since it's necessary for her to be around for the Steve & Kayla story, she could be in Salem for awhile and then pop in and out afterward. That way, it'd make sense for storyline purposes, but it'd keep the show from feeling compelled to write up a storyline just for her.

As for Judi Evans' return, I really look forward to seeing her back as Adrienne, and seeing her bring this old character back to life without slipping back into Bonnie-like mannerisms/attitude. I liked the hair change, but I don't care for the pantsuit. She looked stiff and square. It looks like something left over from Marlena's 1996 pantsuit collection!

• Members

Good show today.

First off, kudos to Judi Evans. I liked her look and, just to be clear, IT'S NOT A WIG!! She said in SOD that she dyed her hair and has extensions now. Her son barely recognized her the first time he saw her like that. Anyway, the outfit was a bit much but I like the way she spoke. She delivered her lines a bit differently. She did a good job. For me, it was Bonnie who? I liked Roman's comment about not knowing who Adrienne was at first. Kayla/Roman/Stephanie as filler but nice to see Kayla and Steph come to an understanding. I am enjoying nuSteph. As for how Adrienne got there so fast, she could've been nearby or looking for colleges for her kids or whatever. It's a TV show and just because someone isn't seen or heard from doesn't mean they aren't around or whatever. I was fine with it and Judi said in SOD that Adrienne was in the neighborhood and does have the Kiriakis jet. Maybe she was in a nearby city or something.

Nick/Willow was snoozeworthy but at least things progressed.

Smia/EJ was great. Good acting by BD, JS, and AS. The Sami/EJ faceoff scenes were fantastic and when he "poisoned" her...wow. Ali rocked that. I was almost hysterical with her. Good scenes and nice to see Lucas thinking again and acting intelligent. Loved the end when EJ returned. I still want to know myself what was in the syringe.

Tomarrow looks good. Kate mocking Celeste? :lol: . The show is on a roll. Good start to sweeps and it's been a good string of episodes.

• Members

Regarding what was in EJ's syringe...I think it was probably just saline or something that wouldn't affect Sami or the baby. He was probably trying to scare her as payback for what she did to him. EJ knows Sami very well; he knew she would get all hysterical and would end up digging herself in deeper with her lies to Lucas.

Archived