Days: Tuesday, May 1st

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish that they'd just let Judi Evans play both Bonnie and Adrienne. So what if they look alike? Let her wear a blonde wig when she plays Bonnie, and there's your differentiation.

• Members

I too think Stephanie's disgust is overdone, though it's pretty par for the course as far as the subtlety used with the younger characters IMO. It's not like Kayla has done something obscene by wanting to stand by Steve. You could say perhaps that the disgust is a cover for whatever separation anxiety she may have regarding her father but it's not coming off anywhere near that layered. Overall I'm okay with the new Stephanie so far but she hasn't grabbed me.

• Members

I think they brought Stephanie back too quickly for her to have such a personality change. Shayna's Steph was an eager to please Daddy's girl who looked upon her dad as a hero and her parents' romance as an epic love story. Now, just a few months later, she's a sexed up bad girl wannabe who looks at her parents' romance with disdain and seems to have no compassion or understanding for her father, who she knows has been brainwashed and tortured. It's possible that this is Stephanie's way of acting out and dealing with her messed up family, but we aren't seeing any indications of that. I don't know if I should blame the writers, the actress, or if it's my perception that's way off. Whatever it is, I'm struggling with the character right now and kind of wish she'd just go back to Dayton.

• Members

I kind of get the feeling that they are using Stephanie to give voice to the thoughts that some viewers may have about Kayla's determination to help Steve. I have seen how some viewers (particularly those who had not see S&K's story in the first run) feel that Kayla is wasting her time and should just move on with her life - Steve has not been that loving or kind to her lately. So it probably feels good to have someone actually saying these things to Kayla. I know I loved it last fall when Chelsea would question Billie's sensibility in getting involved with Steve. Although I was shocked to realize I was actually agreeing with something Chelsea said, it was nice to have someone say those things to Billie that I was yelling to my television screen.

And it is great that in the dialogue Kayla can answer right back to articulate and explain why she is doing what she is doing and how her commitment to loving Steve is unconditional.

I love Kayla's response when Stephanie complains today that they are going to sit around and wait for a miracle to happen. Kayla: No, we are going to *make* a miracle happen. Although Kayla is kind to a fault, it is that steely determination to follow her heart regardless of what people say that makes her interesting to me.

I would like Adrienne's hair if actually was a bit more brunette than red.

For all of his scheming and evilness, EJ really struck me today as a spoiled little boy who was not getting what he wants. I was surprised, though, that Sami didn't just pull the IV out of her arm herself. IMO, she is tough enough to do something like that rather than just freak out and wait for someone else to do it. I am hoping to see Lucas dump those flowers and waters all over EJ tomorrow and then kick his butt out of the room.

*Someone else on another board also mentioned this: It was pretty ironic when *Roman* made the comment recalling that Steve had taken the fall for Adrienne when she killed their father Duke. Josh Taylor played Chris Kostichek at that time and he was Steve attorney during that trial. I can see how he could easily remember that :lol:

• Members

I feel that is exactly why they did it. My two concerns -- 1) I feel in this case it is like putting a band-aid on the actual problem, which was that new viewers were asked to care about the romance before they were invested in the characters. However there is nothing to do about that now so I can understand this way of addressing the issue, even though it's transparent to me. 2) They have to keep track of what this says about Stephanie as a person. I think new characters will inevitably be subject to whatever they have to be to fit into their initiating storyline, but then they have to work with that and use that as a starting point for the character. The best thing IMO would be for them to recognize that Stephanie is coming off a little extreme; it was arguably necessary, as you said, to do it for the S/K dynamic but now should be incorporated as much as possible to the new character's personality. That's how they'll keep things from getting plot-driven IMO.

Yes I agree it was a good idea to let Kayla get that off her chest to the viewers, so to speak.

I rather am too. For whatever reason I am not buying this fear factor I'm supposed to be getting from EJ. Again it could all be because of the dragged out storyline, but I am not deliciously frightened, I'm just plain annoyed.

• Members

The last two episodes I have become convinced that EJ may be carrying out some grand plan of his father's, but he is NOT doing it the way Stefano would want it done. Stefano would never endanger Lexie, leave Theo without a mother, or risk the life of Sami's baby--who may be a Dimera. Family is always first with Stefano, and I'm sure he would not condone EJ's methods. He needs to claw his way out of that oxygen tent in Italy and come to Salem to straighten out Elvis! I would love to see a battle of the Dimeras.

I, also, found myself wondering why Sami didn't just rip out the IV herself. That's what I would have done! Maybe that's why Lucas said that line about needles freaking out Sami, but if she really thought she was dying that shouldn't have stopped her.

• Members

Inever once thought of Bonnie while Judi was on screen today. I didn't even remember she played Bonnie. It wasn't really the hair as much as the wardrobe. She wore something beautiful and discreet, and that's so unlike Bonnie, that I didn't make the connection.

Anyway, I'm happy to see her back. I like Judi as a likeable, kind character that is noble and who people like, and just in those few brief scenes, the audience got that. Kayla and Roman - happy to see her. The hugs. Very nice.

I can't wait to see her in the hospital with Steve. :D :D :D and I'd love to see some Kayla/Steve/Adrienne/Jack scenes sometime in the future.

One thing. I thought Adrienne lived in Dallas now. Kayla called her, and there she is. Poof. Is she back living in Salem all of a sudden?

• Members

I haven't got to watch yet..But judi evans did joke that maybe Adrienne was in Salem checking out colleges for her children...or doing some shopping...I don't really care, because i'm just glad to have judi back on the show in any form..

• Members

To me the red hair appears to be a wig and not even a natural hair wig. She fretted with it around her face and it didn't look real, then when she hugged Kayla, it bunched up and looked artificial. I could have bought her altered appearance but as soon as she opened her mouth and spoke, it was Bonnie to me. Of course, the longer she plays Adrienne, the more her voice will become associated with Adrienne, however so far I'm not impressed and with the wig think she won't be around long.

NuSteph is totally lacking in appeal to me, also. She was dressed more tolerable today.

I don't think I can be any more loathing of EJ and Sami after today. They both make me ill. Sami is such a liar that I was actually for EJ and wishing it were Lucas torturing her instead....gross.

• Members

Aha! Lucas does indeed have his brain back. For once, he wasn't buying any of Sami's lame excuses or attempts to change the subject. I also liked that he brought up the time Sami was alone with Elvis in their bedroom. I remember ranting at the time about Lucas not being suspicious enough. Maybe the writers do read the boards, LOL. I'm so ready for this secret to come out, though.

I enjoyed this:

Roman: Who else can we call?

Kayla: I know...I know...Adrienne!

Roman: Who? :lol:

Archived