Days: Tuesday, May 1st

• Members

I loved Ali and Bryan's scenes today. They were awesome... and the anticipation for this reveal just keeps building.

Loved seeing Judi back. The red hair is a little bold, for Adrienne. But she was always a little frumpy in the past (Adrienne, not Judi), so this can only help. I wish Jack had been in those scenes, but we can't have everything.

I even liked Willow playing Nick. BB is such a find. He's so natural, non-soapy. I love the vets on this show, but I feel like they "know" they're in a soap opera sometimes. Blake plays Nick very real IMHO.

Another great episode... really looking forward to the rest of sweeps.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am impressed by Blake Berris. But not as much as some.

Can't wait for WillowSkank to BURN!BURN!BURN! :P

What in the world did E.J. put in Sami's I.V.?

Why does me think the actress playing Stephanie has some secret past as a Playboy stripper that's just waiting to be un-earthed? :P:wacko:

I don't know what to think of Judi as Adrienne. I've never seen her in the role, nor have I seen the character. So this might have to take me some time to get used to. :)

• Members

I'm mortified that no one has mentioned how evil EJ was. I didn't see that coming from anywhere. I mean, he CAN'T punish Sami this way, even if it is a ruse. the fact is, he KNEW the lipstick poison wasn't fake. He set the whole damn thing up!!! He was in no REAL danger!!! WHAT A BASTARD!

• Members

I am getting tired of EJ getting away with everything! He just waltzes around town and causes trouble as easy as 1, 2, 3. I wish someone would get the upper hand just once. Scott Wells is doing an outstanding job, but the character needs to be knocked down a peg or 2.

It was nice seeing Judi back on my screen, it will just take sometime for me to get used to her as Adrienne and not Bonnie. At least with Bonnie out of the picture Mimi and Patty Cakes won't be returning anytime soon. The red hair looks great on her, why did SOD say she went brunette?

Why does Nick even care for Willow...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Today's show was a little slow, but its building up to the wedding and coming up with a plan to help Steve.

I can't wait for the Celeste/Kate scenes tomorrow!

• Members

Who is Scott Wells? :P

Anyway, I know how frustrating it is to watch a bad guy get away with everything for months at a time, without so much as a slip-up. However, as long as their machinations aren't over the top and cartoonish (such as, ahem, Tony's "Melaswen" plot), it's alright with me. Yes, it's frustrating -- but it's supposed to be. That way, when the bad guys finally go down (that is, if viewers are given a payoff), it'll be more of a reward. Think about Sami in the 90's and how many years she got away with her evil deeds. There were twists and turns to keep you entertained and watching, but it was so frustrating... you just wanted to jump through the screen and cut her! However, the wait just made you anticipate her downfall all the more, and so when it finally happened, the payoff had much more impact. Food always tastes better after you've salivated over it for a long time. Of course, there's a fine line there... if you make 'em wait too long, they'll wise up and go to a different diner or they'll starve to death. Either way, soap writers have to make the viewers WAIT -- just not too long.

As for Adrienne, I can't comment on her, because I haven't watched today's episode yet. I'm sure it'll take a bit of adjusting to, but I love Judi Evans (Luciano!), so I'm sure it'll be fine. As for the hair, I think it's to differentiate Bonnie from Adrienne. If her hair remained blonde, people would tune in and say, "Why is Bonnie suddenly Steve's sister? Why isnt she talking Mimi and Patrick? Why isnt she running Alice's Bar? Why's she so goody-goody now?" At least with the color change, there will be a bit of differentiation that will make a lightbulb go off in the heads of non-daily viewers. However, someone in town MUST mention that she looks like Bonnie Lockhart -- at least once. It has to be acknowledged! LoL

• Members

speaking of which, was I the only one who was REALLY turned off by Roman's line about how Stephanie has gotten more and more beautiful -- and it must have been the water she was drinking back in DAYTON?!!!

Um, call me crazy, but that was a direct SLAM to Shayna Rose. It's clear that the writers and producers of "Days" have a bias against unconventional beauty. I, for one, was PISSED that Josh Taylor agreed to utter that digusting, lookist line.

• Members

That's a good point, only I haven't found it all entertaining. After a while it just felt like James Scott coasting on his accent and cute face and air of sophistication. I can only handle so many "sweethearts" and supposedly urbane references to modern literature before I need some actual substance. There hasn't been enough juicy evil fun machinating to fill up the months that this all has taken, but that's part of the larger problem of dragged out redundant storylines, I know. You're right though, it could be worse.

Another effect of the dragged out storyline is that the Lumi/EJ drama today mostly annoyed me rather than interested me. With the sole exception of the part where Lucas, indeed, did find his brain. It was beautiful.

I missed Judi Evans, I think she's a great actor and I enjoy her performances. I feel for those (many) viewers who only knew Bonnie though, it's a disturbance for them to be sure.

I recall this part after Jack's 2003 death where someone (Jennifer?) thought Bonnie looked familiar, referencing Judi's then-previous role as Adrienne. They could do something quick like that, like maybe Max sees her and goes, Hey do I know you from somewhere? The circle would be complete.

I love Blake, I would like to see him be a little less manneristic in his acting though. But I agree there is something real about him.

It occured to me today how tired I am of these storylines. I know they're moving along at last though, but to be honest it's going to take me some time to be "into" things. And because I historically have not been a huge fan of the "Dimeras come into town and take over EVERYthing" stories, I wonder how long it'll actually take for me, personally, but I hope Anna's presence is a sign that at least something in the clan is going to change, and at long last we can break out of this deadzone of storylines on Days.

Call me crazy too but I thought of that interpretation as well -- I don't think it was an intentional slam but I think they should've realized it could be interpreted that way.

• Members

I know this is random, but does anyone miss Craig and Nancy? Not the Craig/Nancy that they became after Chloe's arrival -- but the Craig and Nancy of 1998! The Craig and Nancy who plotted to ruin Mike's career and plotted with psycho Ali McIntyre. The ruthless bastard and his scheming wife... the fag and his hag...

They should really come back to stir up some trouble. I hate how they turned Craig into a good guy and Nancy into a bore. I loved them as bad guys! It was so fun to watch Craig plot and watch Nancy get all wet in the cooch over it.

Anyway, I think that a Craig/Nancy/Marlena triangle would be hot!

• Members

Another very good episode. We're on a roll!

I'm trying to be patient with Stephanie, but I thought she came off as a brat today. Okay, she had one conversation with her "Papa" where he was mean to her....so? She knows he's being manipulated by the Dimeras, she saw the change in him from her first visit and he obviously had been tortured--I just don't understand her attitude. And I was also a little bothered by Roman's line about her being more beautiful. I hope it wasn't intentionally a slam against Shayna, but it jarred a little. I'm really having trouble adjusting to nuStephanie--not the actress so much as the way they are writing her now. And they need to quit blaming Dayton for the changes in her, before the Dayton City Council sues the show. :rolleyes:

I remember Adrienne, I love the new red hair, but I still kept seeing Bonnie. IMO it was too soon to bring Judy back, although I love the actress. Viewers who don't know Adrienne have to be very confused right now. I wish when she walked in the door Roman would have said something like "I never realized how much you resemble Bonnie Lockhart. Bleach your hair blonde and you could be her twin."

I don't understand why Nick is giving Willow the time of day, let alone bail money. Yes, his conscience is bothering him, but he knows Willow is a horrible person. I can't believe he thinks she's innocent and Chelsea may have actually started the fire and left her stepmother and sister to maybe burn to death. So why's he doing this? And what's with the fire fixation at DAYS anyway? We've had three fires in what--six months?

I find it so ironic that Sami and Kate, the queens of lying and manipulation, are telling the truth about so many things right now and no one believes them! At least Lucas's brain seemed to be working a little better than usual today. I can't believe it's taken him this long to get suspicious, though. And EJ must have ice water running through his veins to walk into Sami's room, threaten her, scare her half to death, and then just stroll in minutes later with his perfect suit and a vase of flowers! I know he's pure evil, but I just have to love him.

Do Bo and Hope know all the stuff going on in their house while they aren't around? And why are we seeing more of their house than we are of them? Hopefully, that will change. Because, you know, now that it's MAY....

Archived