The Logan Report: I Wanna Be Soap Star - Hogan Sheffer Speaks

• Members

The Logan Report by Michael Logan

TO The Rescue:

SoapNet's I Wanna Be a Soap Star lost credibility last year when its grand prize - a 13-week contract role on One Life to Love-went to the charismatic but talent-free Mikey Jerome. (He was dropped by the ABC soap ASAP.) And now Soap Star has competition; In Turn, the vastly superior suds-star search at cbs.com. What to do? Bring in an icon. When Soap Star returns in August the prize is a gig on Days of Our Lives Hogan Sheffer as a judge - the first time the person who has to create a role for the winner will actually sit on the panel. "I'm taking this very seriuosly," says Sheffer, a quadruple-Emmy Winner. "This is no throwaway contest. We will find a real actor." He and the other judges (Days star Mary Beth Evans and talent manager and Simon Cowell wannabe Michael Bruno) have already whittle down 60 semifinalists to their dream 10. "I came into this cynical, but I'm floored by the talent SoapNet found," says Sheffer, adding that he "won't be flip or malicious with my comments. Let Bruno be the bitch."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAY!! MY MARY BETH!! :D .

Hogan loves her so I shouldn't be surprised. He probably convinced her to do it. I wonder if they decided to change judges based on last year's fiasco. I am happy though and it's nice to hear Hogan speak. Wish he would talk about Days but whatever. He seems ok and like his usual self so that is a good sign. It's also a good sign for Steve/Kayla fans worried about them being cut loose as MBE is going to be a active part of this.

Can't wait to watch!! Should be fun!!! :D

• Members

Ryan, if you were unaware, a woman sued (I believe successfully) because a man once said "Get thee to a nunnery!" Sounds innocent enough, but the judge ruled that it suggested she was a slut, and had ruined her reputation.

I'm pretty sure I read, in my law classes, that "bitch" is one of those iffy words as well. Particularly in today's society, with its implications of gay prison sex.

In other words, Hoagn betta CHECK himself befo' he WRECKS 'imself!!

• Members

...Why is there no free clinic for you? This is what the Reagan health care policy wrought.

Michael Bruno is the bitchiest queen I have seen on TV in years. Anyone who wants to act shocked about his orientation needs treatment, nor do I think Hogan Sheffer was referring explicitly to it.

Archived