Days: Is Anyone Sick of the Sheffer bashing?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's great.

I'm still not interested in seeing a heartbreaking funeral right now. Zach's is still lingering in my mind.

I'm also not interested in a haunted castle for the teens. Leave "Scooby Doo" to the big screen and the Cartoon Network.

Oh, if only I could write this damn show!

• Members

I know what soaps are supposed to be, thankyouverymuch.

I don't want to see Alice die right now, whether it's good drama or not. It happened two years ago... there's no need to have it happen again right now.

• Members

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny feeling a bit low?

I have to admit that I feel a bit disappointed with DAYS. Not because the SLs are slow or because the vets are largely MIA.

I'm shallow. I'm ticked because when I switched to DOOL from AMC everyone told me DOOL was the "shirtless man" soap.

Hmph! It's been a while since I've been teased with senseless male stripping!

Ah, I remember the day Phillip (KB) just took off his shirt, for no reason, and stormed out of the room.

It's probably just me but I think a little senseless stripping and a racy sex scene might ease some tension :P

• Members

For now, yes.

I think that this summer would be bad timing to have Alice die. The show's in a creative rut right now -- I'd rather they wait until they get all their gears straight before tackling Alice's farewell. I just think it's tacky to say, "Ooh, Frances can't appear anymore. Let's kill her! We've been waiting for this!" What the hell is the rush?

Maybe this fall...

• Members

Of course none of us really know just how bad off Frances Reid is at the moment, but its a definite possibility she asked for her character to be killed off before she passes in real life. I just hope if Corday and Frances have talked about what they want to do with the character of Alice, Corday better freaking listen and respect EVERYTHING Frances asked of him.

• Members

I know Dementia. According to the original deliverer of the news, she wasn't doing well and was no longer working. She is a strong woman. If she isn't working, I doubt she is talking to Corday about what to do with Alice. I do agree, though, that we do not know if she spoke to him or not, but I doubt it, and I base that off of the info I recieved.

• Members

I've now read the whole thread, and am fascinated.

Some of the same people who called for JER's head now want him back either writing the show again, or being Hogan's Co-HW. The same man who was partly responsible for Days being in the exact same place it's in now ratings-wise, and has written the show he created so badly since he returned to it full time that it has been cancelled and will off the air this fall.

There is no way on God's green Earth that I want that man in the parking lot of Days sweeping up much less writing for the show. Look at what he did to it and his own show for that.

Then we have had others want another SK story. Why? So that half the cast can get killed off, SON can then turn into what it did the last time, a board where everyone was pissed off because their favorites got fired and then will post here how that is Hogan's fault as well (I never knew that Ken Corday had such little power that he would allow each and every HW he has had to completely take over his show).

Then we have those who want balls-to-the-wall, over-the-top stories where the men are dumbed down (once again) and the women are sluts. My. How exciting that would be to watch that every single day. :)

I'm going to choose to do what I've been doing. Staying patient. I don't love every single thing about Days right now, but it is, IMO, light years ahead of where it was this time last year. The balance is way off, but getting better (Finally) and, at least the young people can now act on this show, instead of it being infested with beautiful people who couldn't act their way out of their own bathrooms.

Ken needs to sit down, and let Hogan do his thing, because when he did it back in January, the show was at number 3, and was creatively through the roof. Now, the very same people think that he is either a lousy writer or is burnt out after 7 months?

I want to hear what some of these same people say when Days gets going full steam again. The hypocricy will make a billy goat puke.

Archived