Days: Is Anyone Sick of the Sheffer bashing?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay....wow.

I'm actually not that negative of a person. The only soaps I'm truely truely negative about are OLTL and DAYS. If you ever read my posts about AMC, ATWT, PSSNS, or pretty much any other soap I'm very pleased. You are extremely inconsistant. First you tell me I'm not welcome in this thread and then you tell me I'm entitled to my own opinion? You don't tell me when to go.

And realistic isn't what I look for in DAYS. Maybe you like it, but I love Reilly's over-the-top supernatural stories. Get over it.

• Members

At this point, "Days" can stay traditional (which may not be cutting it, if ratings are an indication), or it can go balls-to-the-wall, over-the-top, supernatural, slutty-ASS, scandalous dramedy. And reinvent itself.

There are two things to try. I say, try the first choice because that's the tried-and-true; and we'll see, this summer, if it works. If it doesn't, just go ALL OUT with the antics and reinvent the show.

something drastic, either way, will get people watching again.

• Members

Oh, my! I just thought of a real way to stand out from the rest if they DID revamp.

"On the next, 'Salem Sluts.' "

"Her husband died two months ago..."

(Shots of Marlena crying at John's grave)

"Why, John, why?!!"

"But now, the grieving process is over!"

--Jazzier theme; cuts of Marlena in bed with one guy, anther one, and another one!

Caroline: "marlena, what are you doing with your life!"

Marlena: "Don't you judge me, Caroline!"

-------SWISH--------------

"He was married to Belle, but he can't be with the one he wants..."

Mimi: "Philip!"

(They reunite and hug)

"So he'll want the one he's WITH."

Philip: "So you're alone, I'm alone.."

Mimi: We can be...

In unison: "[!@#$%^&*] buddies."

(They smile)

----------SWISH-----------

And ...

"A dangerous mission to hunt down Stefano..."

Shawn: "I'll get you!"

EJ (from behind; shoots him; he goes down)

EJ: "Not before I get YOU, old man."

Stefano and EJ laugh

"Ends with tragedy"

"Next time on SALEM SLUTS... FOX Daytime!"

Damn, I love that.

DO IT, HOGAN!!

(Or whoever's writing "Days" when it moves to another net and must revamp for a younger, sexier demo. :))

• Members

Can we please not talk about Frances Reid like she has already passed? We have NO IDEA what was said in meetings between her and TPTB so to speculate that we know anything is not right. If they are going to write a family tragedy, why not Mickey? He chose to retire. Alice is like everyone's grandmother.

ANd yes, I too am sick of the Hogan bashing. He didn't choose to fire Renee Jones. A lot of the things that he promised he has had no choice in the matter. How can he write for Lexie when she isn't there.

I will tell you one thing, I would watch again if all the teens were gone. I hate them all, including Shawn and Belle

ETA: Had to fix a sentence...

• Members

:D:D:D:D

Owned.

I'm not sure of the dynamics between Corday/Hogan, but Days was getting better when Hogan first started. Somewhere along the way, the strylines began to meander into a boring spiral. The characters may have more depth and the plots are grounded, but Days is a parody of the lightening it's trying to catch twice.

Drew Hamilton made a post in another thread that said Sami couldn't be acting 15 forever. That's so true, but her ovaries have dried up. Her instinct to survive by any means necessary is gone, subsittuted by cowering fear for that rapist EJ( who is a cartoon). I'm surprised this weak version doesn't just shoot herself the next time Kate/Lucas have the same convo. She wouldn't have to hear it anymore.

Payla may have been a super couple, but I can't fatho why. All he does is scream and throw titty fits. A wardrobe malfunction might not only boost ratings, but also shut Steve up.

Hogan did redeem Shelle but now they're off on Gilligan's Island because Phillip is obsessed with a child that is not his. I know he raised her, but he's acting like an unstable child who wants that new toy. Marlena/John/Hope/Bo should've been involved in this story.

The show is much improved under Hogan's reign, but even he doesn't have the creativity to fight against Corday's interference, NBC's cancellation threats and a bored audience. It seems as though he has given up and is simply filling up airtime.

Archived