Days: Is Anyone Sick of the Sheffer bashing?

• Members

I'm sick of reading all of the Sheffer bashing for the ratings. Honestly, I think his boss is to blame. I wish he would come back to ATWT and save that show because whatever he's doing or trying to work with is being bashed. He's reason why I'm even sticking with Days. I wouldn't have given it a good chance in HELL. It's the truth.

I'm liking Days as a whole again and while I'm not happy with the stories, I like the depth Hogan's giving the characters. I feel like everyone's ignoring his previews and interviews and focusing on the bad. Why is he getting all the flack while Corday is getting off Scott free? It's pissing me off.

I won't deny it. I am a Hogan fan. He's written is fair share of awful stories. However, it doesn't take a rock scientist to figure out that he's being forced to write these crappy stories lately. I know he has limited resources, but if Corday and Co. continue to use their power to do things their way, Hogan's going to walk....and you know what? I will, too. JER has ruined Days to the point where I couldn't even watch the whole show. I tuned in for specific couples and that was it. Beth started the upswing and Hogan continued. If Hogan leaves or is let go, forget it. It's going to take more than Hogan to keep me to watch Days regularly.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of the bashing. I refuse to let Corday get away with it. He's in the doghouse now. I want better things for Days, but clearly, Corday has his own agenda. I don't care what he says, I don't believe him. He was more than willing to blame everyone, but himself. That speaks volumes. *end of rant*

Is anyone else feeling frustrated with the behind the scenes stuff?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh lord Sema, I would love to take the time and lay out my thoughts....but I've been doing it like every day for the past 7-8 weeks. I agree with everything you said though.

I'm sure someone will end up saying something irritates me and then I'll have to come and respond. So wait for that, lol, and I'll come up with a big post.

:)

• Members

LOL, okay. I'm sick of "let's get rid of Hogan" or "don't let the door hit ya" comments. Man. What does it take to keep good writers? I don't want writers like JER in the HW chair. I remember a lot of the ATWT fans wanted Hogan gone and when they got their wish, they regretted it. I don't want to see that mistake repeated at Days, but it sure seems like that's the path it's taking. :|

• Members

DAYS' writers are always more heavily critiqued and criticized than other shows' writers though. It's always been that way! Also, DAYS fans are most vocal online fan base. So, they're allllllllways online talking more than the other shows. IMO.

Not to mention, it's become trendy to bash DAYS.

• Members

I always think though that it's okay to be critical even if the end opinion is negative, I think people want to examine why the show isn't clicking for them ... sure people get extreme but that's people I guess. Sorry that you get sick of it. If it's not Hogan's fault and he can prove my doubts wrong hey I'll say I'm wrong, just like I said I'd admit if it turned out Hogan wasn't as good as I thought he was going to be at the start of his tenure.

• Members

I completly understand how you are sick and tired of the bashing of Sheffer, except I'm the opposite. I am sick and tired of all the praise the man gets. :lol:

I personally loved Beth/Hogan's first couple months. Once he was on his own and started his new storylines, it just went to hell in a handbasket. His biggest mistake was making EJ the front and center of the show, while backburnering The Big 4. But On the plus side, he has given the characters more depth, and the writing it good but it's also boring.

As for Corday

Look at it this way, You own a show and it's your source of income. Would you really sabatoge your own show? We all know Corday has interfered before, and he has the right to do so when he sees fit. It's his baby afterall. DAYS hasn't been #1 for ten years in the 18-34 demos for nothing. Corday knows when something isn't working and he fixes it. Corday is the reason we are getting the huge storyline involving John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Doug and Julie this summer.

Of course he could have done nothing and let Hogan continue writing only for Payla, EJ and Co, and the Under 30 crowd

• Members

Corday make a conscious decision to have the Steve/Kayla story told for 6 months. Corday was asked flat out in the magazine if he would change his mind regarding Bo, Hope, John & Marlena's airtimes. He said no, because he made the decision to have the Payla storyline front and center.

Corday always does this. Interferes with the show, then blames the writer. He needs to be slapped.

• Members

I like Hogan. I do. I think he fits DAYS well, but he was dealt a bad hand with Corday and the budget crunch and NBC basically giving Days a big old F.U.

But honestly, this is a message board. If people like Hogan, we like him. If they don't, they don't.

• Members

It wasn't only Corday ;)

And for the record, I do not hate Hogan. I think he's an excellent writer and has hired an excellent writing staff. He penned some excellent stuff on ATWT (The Aging Spa, The Haunted Castle, Oakdale Serial Killer) Hopefully next month, we see the great writer he once was.

I guess the reason I am so disappointed its that I was promised Filet Mignon, but was served a hamburger patty.

• Members

Exactly. IMO, Corday's words are hollow. I need more to believe him. R!ck, you're hilarious. I get what you're saying though. Corday does have a right to step in, but I think he's dunked himself into the pool than just testing the water with his finger. I'm not sure if I believe Corday would sabotage his own show. I don't know. I just don't trust him.

• Members

Corday's an idiot and he never knows when to leave well enough alone. He never learns his lesson to just let his writers WRITE. So yeah, I blame him for this mess, not Hogan, who, as we have SEEN, CAN give us good stuff.

Archived