Days: Is Anyone Sick of the Sheffer bashing?

• Members

Thank you Ryan. You rock as usual

Is it possible to get back on topic, which is Hogan bashing? Not about what stories Hogan may or may not write?

I loved Hogan on ATWT and he is faltering IMHO on Days, mostly because of Corday. I no longer watch everyday because I hate the fact that the teens are shoved down my throat. Give me the Big Four please, yet not everyday.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL! TPTB don't want male demos. They won't even let you take online surveys about the soaps unless you enter in that you're a female between the age if 18 and 34. If a male puts his real sex and age, they'll say, "Thanks for the interest, but we don't need any new entries. We'll contact you soon about a WWF survey!"

• Members

I was going to make another long post but you said it all for me Roman.

For the life of me, I still can't see how people can blame Hogan for all this. I really can't. Some people need to take a wait and see approach because some of these changes are already meeting with a wealth of skepticism and condemnation. Yes, Corday is a moron but I tend to beleive him over Hogan. Corday has the damn track record of interference yet people choose to believe that Hogan's writing and balance would go downhill in the course of one week in January after 3-4 months of good balance and good stories and pace. Wow...ok then. I think we all just need to wait until we learn more about what is coming and actually wait and see it onscreen before saying something is played out or that it won't work. Something being played out is subjective and saying that people no longer care about a particular story or group of characters (Dimera/Brady feud for instance) is also subjective. I think we all need to be careful about implying that everyone as a whole is in agreement in something being played out. I also think it should be noted that Days, and Daytime in general, have done alot of things. Days has so many vets that have been through so much that, as much as I hate this idea, you always going to have something that is been there, done that. It's very hard to come up with something completely new and fresh for so many characters that have been on the show for decades. They have all been through so much. Sure I am sure there are still new and original ideas left but you really have to think outside the box and alot of that line of thinking angers the Days fanbasers and we all know what that means.

Let's just stay on topic and let's be careful of mentioning any spoilers and rumors please.

• Members

Okay, I have read/skimmed through this thread and I TOTALLY agree with Roman, Phoenix, and Hogan(Mason).

I think NONE of this is Hogan's fault especially after reading Corday's interview. I can't believe a word that man says for the people who have brought up what he said in his most recent interview.

Days will always have balance problems. ALWAYS! And Corday shall ALWAYS interfere. Over the years and even before the Salem High group there have been balance problems and all newbies have been shoved to the frontburner. When Marlena came on she was frontburner, Roman, Bope, Stefano, S&K, Tony, Kristen, they were ALL newbies at one point and they also were very frontburner. Then I would expect just about everyone to know about 2001. Hogan is not the only writer to put newbies frontburner. Marlena came on in 1976 and that was 30 years ago!!!!!!!

As long as he is executive producer of Days of Our Lives, Corday will interfere every time. And I have noticed it has sort of happened when his last batch of newbies have started to get older and towards their thirties or so. He seems to always want teens or early twenties.

Hogan is NOT a perfect writer, but so far during his time at Days I have only seen the balance problem and I am convinced that is Corday. He may say it was Hogan's idea, but he always tries to blame the headwriters. Everything of Hogan's previews came true except John coming out of the coma.

As for people wanting JER back, that man should never even step near Daytime again. He was alot worse than Hogan. And if he did come back, I'll bet you anything within two months we would have complaints. JER doesn't even research the show's history except for what he knew when he wrote it. Tony is not Stefano's son, due to the fact we've seen about all of Marlena's family the Alex North story had to be his worst, and many other things that shows he neglected Days history. Hogan does not, and we see this by Nick Fallon when Jessica hasn't been mentioned in years.

Days's fanbases will always complain because they are so fickle. It will always be that way too. Not just with Hogan, but with every HW. He puts this couple together they complain because they want some action for them, he splits them apart they complain because they want them together. The complaints will never end!

• Members

OMG, you can't do that! I even think that's illegal! If I have it right -- or even if it's not legal, it's the most ethical -- you can ONLY charge him (and me :P) the cost of the tape or DVD it's on and perhaps shipping charges.

That's all.

Otherwise, you're making a VERY hefty profit off SONY.

Archived