DAYS: Sheffer Out!?

• Members

Well, I guess it will be two of us because I am not impressed with Hogan's writing myself. GL's budget seems smaller than DAYS' and yet they manage to be *somewhat* entertaining, so I can't blame it solely on budget issues. I just think Hogan's stories sounded a lot better on paper than the execution, IMHO. Despite what I think about Hogan, I don't really think it is a good idea to constantly be shifting headwriters all the time. It just seems to bring so much instability to a show and its plot, especially at DAYS. Of course, whatever happens, I'll still be watching...seeing what surprises are around the corner.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well in their defense, the shows that did end with them as HW's were on in the deathslot (12:30 ET) against Y&R

Also during their tenure at GL, the show was consistantly beating AMC/OLTL in the ratings.

They are not that bad IMO

Technically only TWO as Loving/City was one and Port Charles.

DAYS isn't gone yet ;)

• Members

Please cover your naughty bits with a Bible or something. Keep them nasty hands out of the danger zone. Old ladies read our comments and I wouldn't want any of them to experience ill health from joining in, or even just reading about, your next potential moral dilemma/outrage. :lol::P:D:)

• Members

Was it during the time of the clone storyline, in 1998?

I'm not sure what's up with Sheffer, but let's face it- Days more or less ignored character development for years, dating back to Reilly's first run. Sheffer has a thankless task and will take some time (if he's given it at all) to clean it up and give the show some sense of direction.

But I agree, he needs good supporting writers. He had it in his first year at ATWT, and will need people of similar ability around him if he's to turn around Days.

• Members

Eh...I've always considered LOVING and THE CITY two separate entities. They were two completely different shows, even though the press liked to lump the two shows together.

And don't even get me started on the crap Brown/Esenten tried to pass off as PORT CHARLES. Still upset about Karen Harris's demotion. The show would probably still be alive today and even giving Y&R much needed competition if she were still HW.

• Members

1997-2000

I watched religiously back then....

They were very good at writing for the vets as well as the younger group.

The Santos Family

The Clone storyline

Rick & Abby's divorce

Nola's stalking of Buzz

Michele & Danny

Jesse & Drew

Roger/Holly/Amanda/Fletcher

The pairing of Buzz & Selena

They brought Vickie back.

Blake/Ben/Ross triangle

Nursery Rhyme Stalker

The Annie Dutton Storyline

Susan & Max

San Cristobal

Phillip and Beth's place crash disaster

• Members

I would rather have Sheffer shape up and give us a better product as opposed to having him fired and having to go through another transition period...Days does not need another one of those...I'm hoping this isn't true..I think Corday should give Hogan a little more time to make the show better, with rules though..Use John, Marlena, Bo and Hope...

• Members

Your probably right Kevin, DAYS doesn't need another transition. These last couple months has lit a fire under Corday and Hogan and we are about to get some excellent stuff ahead. I am nervously excited about it.

• Members

THat said they were brilliant at Loving (and were brought in already when it was decided they were retooling the show so it hardly counts) and largely brilliant at CIty. I still wish they had gone to OLTL instead of Higley--it's mor eurban soap drama seemed to fit with what they had created for the City (which I sorely miss)

Archived