DAYS: Sheffer Out!?

• Members

Stranger things (Renee Jones' firing, Shayna Rose's firing, Joy Biscoe joining the cast, etc.) have happened on this show as of late, but I don't see this one joining that group. I don't even think Corday is that stupid. He's spent years trying to get Hogan onto this show. He finally has him, and what, he's going to fire him? I'm not buying it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After Summer would make sense, if Hogan was contracted for one year.

As for B&E, They are the ones who got me hooked on GL, and I loved The City :unsure: Why does everyone think they are so bad?

At any rate if this is true....

Pops the cork off the champagne (Of course I'll probably be celebrating alone as most people think he is a saviour :lol)

ETA: SO now everything is Corday's fault? LMAO Just a few days ago it was NBC's fault for pushing the younger crowd on the frontburner? I guess it could be Corday & NBC's fault. Of course Hogan should take no blame, he is only the HEAD WRITER afterall. :lol:

• Members

He's good at writing action stories, but he needs to work with an older writer to guide him on the family and couples aspect.

Budget cuts and disappearing vets have tainted his run at DAYS. People got their hopes up and for the most part weren't satisfied. Mix it with wishful thinking (Days will take over B&B in the #2 spot! WTFEVER!).

• Members

Don't get me wrong, Hogan has his faults, but if you compare his stints on ATWT to his current run, his DAYS material is much better. Hogan has a great supporting team to keep him in check, but when you have an EP who has proven time and time again that he thinks he knows what's best for the show, what can you do?

• Members

If Corday does not find some money to pay so that the vets will get some airtime, it does not matter who writes for the show (so long as it's not Reilly).

Sheffer has very little to work with. Reilly gets 4 damn years to destroy the characters and the show, and Sheffer is not given the chance even though his hands are tied behind his back?

Corday is a complete moron! The writing is not DOOL's problem right now. It's the lack of the couples the audience has loved for so many years!

Corday really is an idiot!

ANDREA

• Members

Let's also remember Hogan is doing IWTBASS for SN.

Corday wouldn't do this after not even a year. If this was about Hogan quitting, maybe I could see it because he may do that in response to Corday forcing things on him and so on. Him being fired makes no sense and without an actual source I can't even come close to buying this.

• Members

Whoa, Rick. I disagree about the B&E thing. As others have mentioned, FOUR shows have ended with them as head writers. Is that a good thing? lol.

HOnestly, I hope it's not true. And if it is, then it's Corday admitting defeat and doing a very "TV" business thing by hiring them just to be poetic, and keep the trend of their show's dying due to just their writing.

• Members

Either Beth Milstein or Sherri Anderson.

Brown and Esenten are just terrible Head-Writers. The only thing I've ever seen them do right was THE CITY and most of that was the acting and the flashy sets.

Sheffer, for whatever reason if it is Corday, the network, or his own writing, is just NOT bringing in the numbers lately. But bringing on trash like Brown and Esenten isn't gonna make the ratings rise either. Mayeb Corday is bringing them on to revamp DAYS when it is cancelled so he can keep Corday generating some kind of profit.

• Members

I have a hard time believing this. We could all throw out random garbage if we wanted to. Where is this coming from?

Like others have said, Hogan is not the problem. I don't know if it's NBC, Sony, or Corday, but I don't believe for a second that the garbage spewn out of our TVs for the last two months was Hogan's idea. Sorry. The stuff he did a few months earlier is light-years ahead of this crap. Why would he serve up Long John Silvers when he's capable of caviar? It doesn't make any sense. We've seen what he can do. I'm team Sheffer all the way.

Archived