March 19-23, 2007

Toups

• Members

But if JER came back and Corday let him have ALL control, then would JER's ego for Days firing him get in the way of writing? JER can get mad easily it seems, one of my worries is that he will be so mad about last year he will go off to wreck the show.

Toups, I want to believe you. I truly do. It's just the JER of today that scares me......

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Normally I'd agree with your concern, daysfan, but surely the whole Passions cancellation thing knocked JER's ego down a few pegs -- of course, NBC's falling all over themselves to get it on another network may mean his ego wasn't knocked too far down. Also, given that event, I'd sooner bet that he has to "prove" himself again, and would use every trick in the book to make the show exciting.

• Members

I disagree about Sheridan's buried alive. First of all, that was AWESOME. Ratings reached record highs for the show, at the time, for that story. It was genius because it was a good story, similar to "Days" but with several twists that were unlike "Days." It was clearly intended to entertain audiences who were too young to remember Carly's burial, or truly enjoy it.

• Members
Maybe it's not Hoagie's writing that's tanking days, but the hush hush bugdet problems they are apparently having. One has to wonder if Hoagie really does have all the power that he was promised, since he had to scrap a lot of stories he had planned......

• Members

I don't want JER back, but its becoming clear that Hogan isn't working with Days....Maybe the show should have just stuck with Beth Milstein..At least she was making fans happy, but lucky for her she got to clean up and resolve JER's mess...Days needs big events, stories that make people want to tune in everyday so they don't miss a minute...And Hogan isn't providing that..He's is making the show almost sleep inducing...I have been a huge Days pollyanna for years, and i'm not that interested right now...nick and chelsea are the only real bright spots for me lately...

Please do something huge Hogan..Give us a buzz worthy storyline that gets lots of press...Do another tv guide article where you give us a look ahead at exciting things to come...Put john, marlena, Bo, and Hope on the screen 4 or 5 days a week in May and for the rest of the year...and try to redeem yourself..Because right now you are making yourself into a joke and killing Days....You are so much better than whats been on the screen for the last 4 months..At least i would like to believe that...

• Members

It has not been a sudden 180* that is for sure.

He single-handedly destroyed my two favorite shows on television and has run them both in the ground. I will never forgive him for that. Ever.

Amazes me some people want him to return ONCE AGAIN to ruin DAYS for the SECOND time. :lol: Ever see those birds who fly into window repeatedly?

• Members

wow this koming from toups? days is in serious trouble!!!Y&R is the only show good all yearr round. I really dont know what to say for days. Maybe Hogan needs to do a big who done it which imo hes already building to one. I really hope Ken is telling hoan to feature these vets. I hope Ken is reading these boards and know what the fans are mad about.Hogan has been writing for 6 months now. Did ATWT turns ratings drop like this under hogan. If I remeber correctly didnt ATW turns ratings jump and put them at no 3 a few times?

B&B well if they could not pull over a 2.9 for the 20 special and syndeny something is mos def wrong. Bell better be in his office with plans to turn up the camp. That is what B&B does best. Hell bring sheila back

If u look CAREFULLY and take NOCITCE. GL is THE ONLY SHOW not losing lots of ratings. they hold pretty steady.

Y&R is still pretty solid.

GH still ok.

AMC

OLTL

ATWT seems to be in a rut

Why dont these daytime croonie GET BOLD do something new. Think outside the box. Give us some shock and awe damn it.

I am tired of hogan making me deep throat these newbies.

These vets aka the big 4 as we have started to kall them get paid still while they are not on screen. so all this time hogan is making us deep throat these new bies the big 4 are still getting paid so go figure

• Members

Maybe this crap is the best Sheffer can write? :lol::lol:

I remember when I was repeatedly told last year that Sheffer would take DAYS to the No 2 slot in the ratings, and even challenge Y&R - how wrong some people can be! :D

• Members

It could be that we all expected too much too soon. Other things happened, too....money for one. Ten characters were dropped and some characters had to be recast and then some actors quit and had to be recast leaving not only a void of familiar characters, but an overload of new faces. These aren't light things to deal with as many people may feel like it's not the same anymore and just give up on it. Apparently that happened. Also, it is apparent that Hogan had plans that were either knocked down, struck out or just plain weren't followed through giving those who were looking forward to them a huge letdown and thinking Hogan lies. It's been rough to say the least. I found myself saying, I'm watching until such and such happens, but by the time that happened, I was caught up in another story that I wanted to wait until that or that happened and so it is for me. I can find something to be interested enough in to want to watch (the whole show [except LUMI now]).

• Members
I agree with most of what you said Jean, even if they brought in a new writer that person couldn't do much to improve the ratings if they couldn't include the vets that haven't been seen in quite awhile in their stories. There is something going on behind the scenes at Days, and they might as well just let the cat out of the bag and tell everyone what it is.....

Archived