March 19-23, 2007

Toups

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then the HW should use them for the days they are guaranteed in their contracts. Balance is the key.

That would be a good excuse had JER not left in April 2006. The writers had 8 months to write good stories so it didn't fall into a "rut"

DAYS budget is 1.3 million dollars per week. And it's the third biggest budget in daytime.

That's the thing Phoenix, He can use them. They all have contracts. Corday/NBC/Sony knows better than to stop paying their contract actors. It's illegal and there would be severe penalties.

• Members

Well I can assure you that Corday is not doing this on purpose. He is not that stupid. He has never backburnered these four for this long. Not all at the same time. Everything was fine until January and no one can tell me things go from balance one week to unbalanced the next week because the EP and HW decided to all of a sudden completely change focus and hand the show off to who we are seeing now? No way. Hogan and Corday are to blame for the poor pacing but there is some big reason why this has happened and it is not a creativer decision on their part. Corday has always caved to fan demands so the fact that he is still isn't says alot about what is happening.

If Days could use them, they would be used. If Corday could've worked magic and put the big 4 back on by now, he would've. He has taken action and done something every other time drops like this happened. If people think Days is doing this purposely and that Hogan would really make all those promises and not keep them with his good name and reputation on the line, then I am going to be done wasting my breath because that isn't thinking enough about the situation as a whole. It's just looking at the surface. Days has never done this nor has Corday ever allowed a period like this to happen since the island fiasco in 2001 and even then we still had Jack/Jen/Greta and it was a period that lasted from July 2001-September/October 2001.

I am not going to toss this back and forth anymore because everyone believes what they do and that isn't going to change until the show says something, which they don't really need to since it's pretty clear there are major issues based on what is going on. Even if they do speak, we probably won't get the whole story anyway so whatever.

• Members

The Big 4 have contracts and ARE being paid whether they are on screen or not. #2 proves this.

Here are the legalities from AFTRA/SAG

So all this BS about saving money by not using the Big 4 is pure hogwash. They have binding contracts with NBC/Sony/AFTRA/SAG that make sure they are paid their minimums

The only way around not being paid their minimums, is if the actors bumped to recurring status, and the closing credits say otherwise

• Members

Girls 12-17 Viewers

1. GH 74,000 (+14,000/+22,000)

2. PSNS 40,000 (-3,000/-25,000)

3. DAYS 34,000 (-17,000/-42,000)

3. Y&R 34,000 (-6,000/+6,000)

5. OLTL 29,000 (+1,000/-4,000))

6. ATWT 26,000 (+12,000/+7,000)

7. B&B 25,000 (+10,000/+3,000)

7. GL 25,000 (+5,000/-1,000)

9. AMC 7,000 (-23,000/-31,000

AMC - only 7,000 female viewers aged 12-17? Wow. That's pretty bad.

• Members

WOW, DAYS is down a whole FULL POINT and .1 from last year. That is terrible.

I agree with what Rick said but I also agree with Kenny. Except that Hogan's current problems INCLUDE bad story telling and lazy writing. He's not as good as people are making him out to be (and I don't think JER would be even better. The only advantage or whatever you may call it, that JER had over Hogan is the utilization of veteran characters MORE than newbies). All the ATWT fans seem to affirm that Hogan is not this awesome writer, they did it before he joined DAYS and Hogan himself is proving it. None of Hogan's stories right now are even mildly compelling and the ratings prove that. Forget all the young-uns, if Steve and Kayla's storyline was as awesome as it SHOULD be I gauruntee you people would not be upset or tuning out with the show, but all it is is the same drivel and very uninteresting stuff. People don't want to see Tony Jr. and a very poor rehash of John's storyline.

• Members

As I understand it, they don't have to be paid their minimum until the end of their contract. So right now Drake isn't being used and he's not getting paid unless he actually works. Their guaranteed shows can be spread out any way the show wants. Therefore, if, for example he's got a two show a week guarantee, they could jam all his guaranteed shows into the second half of the year, working him 4-5 days a week to fulfill his contract. I don't know what Drake's guarantee is but I believe his contract comes up at the end of this year.

This is just a guess but I think newbies like Brandon Beemer, Martha Madison or Rachel Melvin, who are still in their first contracts, probably work far more than their guarantee while very few of the vets, if any, work much more than their guarantee.

• Members

Let me try and explain :)

Drake has been at the show for more than 10 years so he qualifies as a veteran. A 10+ year plus Vet (Ali, Dee, Drake, Kristian, Peter) makes around $1,500-4,000 per episode.

Daytime contracts have a 1-3 day per week guarantee.and are paid for 1-3 shows per week, regardless of whether or not they work. If they work more than their 1-3 per week guarantee, they are reimbursed at the end of the year.

Example: There has been 13 weeks so far in 2007 and Drake worked a total of nine.

Is he has a..

1 day a week guarantee: He's paid for 13 episodes

2 day a week guarantee: 26 epiodes

3 day a week guarantee: 39 episodes

But perhaps when Drake upped his contract last year they changed his guarantee to 1 day a week? I just wish Corday/Hogan would address the lack of acreentime for Marlena, Bo, Hope, and why John will be in a coma until after May.

Drake signed a 4 year contract last year, so he's on until 2010 errrr 2009 :(

Here's an interesting read...

• Members

This makes sense. The key issue, though, is when the actor has to be paid for the guarantees? My guess is that since contracts can be terminated at the end of a 13 week cycle (sometimes 26 weeks for veterans), this is also when actors must be paid their contractual dues.

I believe Drake's new contract took effect in January. Assuming (for argument's sake) that his guarantee is 2 days a week, that means the show have to pay him for 52 episodes by the end of June. If they don't, these episodes CANNOT be deferred until later in the year (since a new 26 week cycle would begin in July). By then, every guaranteed episode that he's not been used for is money down the drain.

• Members

Your post was right on time....I also question why Hogan or Ken Corday hasnt come out and explain themselves.And have Soap opera digest or weekly try to get some answers.Dont we as fans deserve it? afriend of mine has been watching the show off and on since january.She says she is bored with the show and how can i disagree.Ken Corday needs to come to the magazines and explain himself!

Archived