March 5-9, 2007

Toups

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Manny it would have been reported already if they had. Esp. if it was a big enough market to make a difference in the ratings. If we didn't see the actual report on one of the many boards some fan would have reported their affiliate dropped them.

What hurts the most about this week is that Passions usually falls when Days does but they didn't this time. That is not a good sign at all.

And that drop of another -.3 in 18-49 and esp. the -.5 in the 18-34 is what really looks bad for Days.

There has been so much talk from fans the last few days about this being a new Days here on SON - featuring a new set of characters and all. I think for many fans they feel like the Days they knew is already cancelled and gone. And I think that is why more are tuning out. I haven't given up completely yet. I am not watching everyday like I was again, but I don't feel a connection with the show anymore and to me that is sad. Even when I was upset about Stefano returning I never lost the connection with the show, but for me Days isn't Days anymore. Except for Lucas & Sami being on regularly a lot of the connection I had is gone. As a viewer since the late 60's that is sad for me.

Both of my daughters have quit permanently now. My sister told me yesterday she hasn't watched in weeks and now watches Law & Order everyday. My sister-in-law (brother's wife) told me she quit in February. More and more people are just walking away now. It's sad.

• Members

I guess you're right...

It's funny.. I used to be sooooo depressed when I would see DAYS drop in the ratings. Now, I opened this thread and saw DAYS at 2.1 and I bursted into laugh... I may be heartless, but this is just ridiculous that ratings dropped every week and nothing is changing...

• Members

That last part is what is so puzzling. And the only words we get from Corday is that the budget is not the problem. But by things not changing it only gives credence to the rumors that the budget is the problem. And by Corday not speaking out it only makes fans more nervous and more apprehensive.

My daughters quitting really surprised me. They started watching Days during the Chloe, Philip, Jan, Shawn, Belle, Philip years and have loved it. These people that are on now are in their target age group and should be who they want to see. Both admitted that the show is good quality wise, but they just find it way too boring and slow for them. They are in this generation of fast food and everything now. Days needs a blend of that - a blend of the fast pace and the slow pace to hold on to the fast-food drive-thru generation and right now they don't have that at all. Plus they both said that the show just felt like a totally diffferent show to them. Maybe I was heartless too but I just laughed at them. I told them both that they know how me and their grandmother felt when all their faves too over years ago. They didn't think that was too funny.

I didn't burst into laughter when I saw the ratings, but I do admit that part of me did say that maybe now Corday and Hogan will WAKE THE [!@#$%^&*] UP and do something now. I find it ironic that we had a not so competent headwriter like JER for 3 years who did bring Days ratings down some but now we have a 4 time Emmy Winner and he takes Days to all time lows in the HH and the key demos. How sad? But I guess even that is all Corday's fault too. Sorry for the sarcasm there.

• Members

I agree with the poster who said they should kill off EJ. Most DAYS fans are sick to death of him and his involvement in every damn story (he was on FIVE days last week, BTW). An EJ murder mystery would be the perfect story to bring the core characters back onto the frontburner. John, Marlena, Sami, Lucas, Steve & Kayla would all be suspects. Bo and Hope could play the detective roles, as they did during the SSK. They could tie the murder in with the LUMI wedding and make it a huge Sweeps event.

• Members

It would have only been in selected local markets due to teams conference tournaments. It wasn't a widespread thing. Just perhaps a station here and there. Where I live for example, basketball aried on one of our local ABC and NBC stations.

But it was only a select few stations, and didn't start until around mid-afternoon.

Now today and tomorrow for example, there are no CBS soaps at all because of the NCAA tournament.

• Members

From looking at these ratings GH and Y&R were the only 2 shows that weren't hurt by basketball on Thursday and Friday. All the other shows took big hits those days but those 2 didn't. In fact GH had it's highest rating on Thursday.

I don't remember all of last week's numbers but if I am remember correctly all the shows went down or did GH, B&B & Passions hold firm? I know all the others dropped.

• Members

You explained that better than I did. :P

It is in different stations in different areas.

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post was that one of our local FOX stations also showed basketball last week too.

And most of those basketball games started around mid-afternoon on Thursday and Friday of last week.

• Members

I'm surprised ATWT isn't tied with GL for the crappy shows last week. Friday's Gwen/Maddie episode was DREADFUL. Maybe the worst soap episode I've ever seen.

DAYS is not surprising either. I used to be called a hater for not jumping on the Hogan love train, but I seriously don't see the love. Overall it was a bad week for soaps though.

Hopefully next week is more positive! B&B had the arrival of Ashley Abbot and Y&R was pretty good.

• Members

Here's the problem with the ratings. All 5 soaps (excluding Y&R, B&B, GH and Passions as well because I dont watch) aren't featuring their vets in heart felt storyliines. Instead we have teens, newbies and supporting cast members leading the storylines. Only GH and Y&R seem to be feature their vets in front burner storylines. That's why their numbers are better. B&B has always featured their vets but the stories they have been given lately are boring! Or the same repetitive crap!

• Members

It's the stories. If the stories were good, the actors deliver and the show would be watched. The on-the-run is pathetic and not worthy of a young couple fighting for the custody of their child. Steve and Kayla should never have been brought back for a story like this where neither can win new fans and a lot of the old ones are dumfounded. What a pity. I love James Scott and see no benefit to a murder. It would be as bad as the who's the daddy burnt out story. The one that needs to be told is John's past and what the DiMera's hold over the Brady's. Those are the ones that need to be played out.

• Members

I don't think it's ALL the soaps... I mean, GH is up from the beginning of the year. B&B is pretty much the same, being around 3.0. AMC and OLTL have been steady for most of the year. DAYS is the only that dropped soooo much this year!

Archived