B&B: Ashley's secret Revealed!

• Members

I guess for me it's just the general principal of the matter. I so often see soap fans complain about older woman younger man pairings and I just don't get it. Aren't soaps generally supposed to be geared towards female fantasy? Personally, I'd like to see the hot older woman getting the hot younger man. I'd rather not see the male fantasy of the 50 year old male getting with the 20 something female played out, which is what seems to happen so often. it's just one of my pet peeves. Bridgette and Ridge were a prime example of that as were Nick and Bridgette and even Brooke and Eric back when.

As for Ashley and Rick, I really don't think they'll be all that hot, so in this specific case I'm not really all that excited to see it happen. lol.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I'm not a regular watcher of B&B (and yes, I know this isn't a Days thread) but, is Kyle THAT bad in the role that no one wants him with Eileen. Or, is everyone confusing their soaps? In my mind, she will always be Kristen Blake and he will be Brady Black. But, that's on Days. So, is it the Days thing or he just royally stinks(because I know it would have nothing to do with her....LOVE HER!)

• Members
Who even says she WILL be batting Phoebe for Rick? Maybe they were a "friends with benefits" kind of thing.

I think people are getting all up in arms over a story they haven't even seen on the screen yet. For once, I'm reserving judgement until after I see it on the screen.

Not unless they expand the show to an hour or, even better, get rid of Jack Wagner and get a talented, less expensive leading man.

There's so much potential for all these talented women on the canvas. I do wonder, if Ashley sleeping with Rick will mean she becomes the new Brooke. Unlike Brooke, the times I've seen Ashley on Y&R, I've seen her as a woman who takes no prisoners and has attitude. With the exception of Kimberlin Brown's Sheila, I've never seen another character not be intimidated by Stephanie, although we've come so close(notably Hunter Tylo's Taylor when she stood up to Stephanie and called her out on her closeted incestuous feelings for Ridge and Both Colleen Dion-Scotti and Lesli Kay's Felicia who both resemble much of Stephanie's attitude).

The BEST way B&B can utilize Ashley is if they set her up to be the woman most everyone hates or has issues with on B&B, especially Stephanie, who has never had really good female friendships on this show.

I feel like I am the only one excited about Eileen Davidson and Ashley coming to B&B!

• Members

I'm thrilled Ashley Abbott is coming to B&B! I hope that her thing with Rick is just a fling...and we work towards a Thorne pairing, which would be out of this world awesome!!

As for Kyle Lowder, it was a senseless recast, just because Bradley wanted something different. I think it would be great to see Justin T. working with Mackenzie and Eileen!!!! If Kyle were to get a haircut it would soften me up to him more though!

• Members
No, he's not! People are just... well never mind. It just makes me wonder why I even bothered to log in here again when people are always bashing like crazy and (imo) exaggerating. The worst part... bashing is obviously allowed. Ohh well, it was a short visit for me this time.

I sure hope Kyle doesn't ever read on this board. And I do hope everyone who commented on Kyle's looks got a perfect and flawless look themselves. Somehow I really doubt that. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Kyle will get a new story all though I think it's quite twisted. But what ever. I'm not taking it all that serious, it's just TV. I'm so glad Kyle's on B&B. Will say that I liked Justin less then Kyle though. Can't even compare the two.

• Members

I just find it hilarious that Kristen Blake will be dating her stepson. :lol:

And Josh, you want Ashley with Thorne? You obviously don't want Davidson on the show for a long time. Pairing a woman with Thorne is like the death sentence of a character. The only way I can see Ashley still in LA this time next year is if she becomes the third party in the Brooke/Ridge triangle.

• Members

I think Kyle Lowder is doing great on B&B: it's the Rick/Phoebe SL that sucks! What B&B doesn't need, more incest. :rolleyes:

Rick/Ashley? At least they aren't related. :lol:

I do agree that Kyle needs a haircut: he was so much sexier as Brady Black on DAYS. Long hair on a guy turns me off! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Eileen Davidson? I wasn't a huge Ashley fan, but I like the actress, and I'll be interested to see how she fits in with the likes of Stephanie/Ridge/Thorne/Brooke.

• Members

Okay...I'll take back my statement, yea Kyle is doing an okay job, the hair bugs me and his storyline is what bothers me the most!! So any story that will help take away (which I don't think this one will) is okay with me!! This is going to spark something, I'm sure, but Eileen is home, sort of...she is like at her uncle's house with B&B being the sister of Y&R which had their been no Y&R, there would *MOST* likely have been no Eileen, that soap made her a daytime star I feel like!

• Members

Okay I'll weigh in with a contrary opinion. Firstly, I couldn't stand Justin Torkildsen as Rick. From the get go, he was whiney and ineffectual which would be fine if there were any other strong young male characters on the canvas but there weren't. Having a sensitive young male Forrester works with Thomas (who should be back on contract NOW) but Rick has a different family dynamic and I like Kyle Lowder in the role (minus the hair).

As far as Ashley is concerned, this story really doesn't bother me. There's no reason why she shouldn't move onto Thorne in the future but as far as introductions go, this is a lot more interesting. It will no doubt pit her against Brooke also.

Archived