Confirmed Megan Is Out on AMC

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kay Alden. Wasn't Jack Smith hired as a consultant at the same time too? I guess it could be him or maybe they are co-writing. Didn't Errol or Ryan say at one time that Frons was interested in getting Alden on the show months ago but the deal didn't work out at that time? I agree about Amanda having the same problem of pimping characters. Maybe she is just following orders but I don't think I want any of McTavish's staff to be promoted. I would rather see most of them gone and new people brought in.

I have heard so many mixed things about Kay that I don't know what to think. Seems like a lot of people didn't like her writing on Y&R. I do think a writer who is more character driven will improve the show immensely. It concerns me that she may not be familiar with AMC's history but McTavish already destroyed it . It is like starting from scratch now anyway.

I can't wait to hear the announcement of who is replacing her and when it is going to happen! Poloma, you heard the new writer was starting next week??? Do you know where you found that info?? Thanks. Wouldn't it be kind of strange to switch writers when they are probably getting ready for May sweeps??

• Members

I hope whoever is the new writer doesn't let Frons dictate the storylines and who gets to be on and whatnot. That along with McCrap's horrible writing is what is killing amc. Its ridiculous for Babe to be on almost everyday, when majority of fans hate her, as well as ryan.

• Members

For your first point, getting a soap canceled hasn't stopped soap brass from hiring these writers. Esentens, anyone?

Also, for the last sentence, JER STILL could be tapped by ABC. REMEMBER: he wrote two soaps before. Yes, he's committed to "Passions" until the end, but that doesn't mean he can't sink his teeth in Pine Valley!

• Members

It's not just one person who doesn't want JER for AMC, JSF. NO longtime AMC would dare think of that man for AMC. He's worse then MMT, and he would be the death of AMC. You want to see your precious Babe for years to come, no? JER would have AMC off our screens before we knew what hit us.

• Members

That's like saying a certain medication may work, it effects weaken, and then...to try it a third time...it may help again.

JER in daytime soaps is DONE. He will end up getting a job as a consultant for FALCON BEACH or some trash primetime show like that. Maybe he can resurrect HARMONY HIGH for the new TNBC or something.

• Members

Well, Labine hasn't shown us she has talent for about 12 years now. More importantly, she won't be coming back to daytime because she's as old as the hills and she's enjoying her retirement.

Now, to be fair, on GL she was up against Roach and the MADD Cow. It's great that we got any shimmers of Labine talent at all.

Archived