Confirmed Megan Is Out on AMC

• Members

I wish it was a joke, but I read that from Cynic's Soaps Up columnist Kate Brown on Eye on Soaps sometime last year. She said that there was a rumor that McTavish has a bible for a soap she created titled "Purgatory," and was pilfering from that. And if you look at all the things McTavish has written -- all of the misery, all of the angst, all of the depressing and dark material, I don't find it hard to believe. She's writing this show as if everyone is in purgatory. And all of the "God" references? Totally coincides with the purgatory concept.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think she was "influenced" by Behr and Nixon per se, rather they were responsible for holding the show together because of their own strong contributions.

She DOES have an identity, IMO, that is kept constant throughout her years working with different EPs. Shallow, gimmicky, plot-driven storylines that are depressing and angst-ridden, with a particular fondness for violence and rape. You can't say that she wrote depressing and dark storylines only under JFP, she's had her fair at AMC throughout the years, not to mention her "fine" work at TGL.

McTavish has a very specific reputation, has for years, no matter what EP she's working with.

McTavish's stories on AMC have been anything but innovative. Have her storylines on AMC this time around been nothing but cliche and typical McTavish?

I think McTavish is a strong personality. Her AMC vision certainly was stronger than JHC's -- who stikes me as merely a yeswoman for Frons and McTavish.

• Members

I did'nt hate all her stuff but overall she made the show so dark and depressing I could'nt watch anymore. She trashed the personalities of characters I have watched for decades and made them do things I would never have dreamed of. She took a historic moment and turned it into the type of joke that makes it easy for non-soap appreciaters to make fun of. And she cannot write a strong woman to save her life. All women do in her world is pant after men, even the lesbian apparently, and have babies. I could'nt watch anymore which is why I am glad she is gone. Sure someone else may be worse but I doubt it can get much worse than it already is because to me its completely unwatchable right now, all of it. There is not one story I am invested in because basically they all led back to Babe or Ryan :blink: When I start hearing some good spoilers I will watch again but right now I can't, so to me this is only good news. God how I wish Frons would get his ass canned! Then maybe I could start watching the entire ABCD lineup again.

• Members

That's definitely her style. She HATES strong women. She decimated Nora on OLTL, and then immediately went after Alexis on General Hospital. When Bianca and Julia were coaching Zoe on how to be a woman, I was falling out of my chair LAUGHING from the sheer stupidity. I'm not even a woman and I was offended!

Bianca: Do you have to be vigilant, do you have to be a little be more careful -- sure. Not -- not just because you're transgender. I mean, every woman has to learn how to take care of herself.

Julia: One of the perks of the fairer sex.

Bianca: A woman knows that she can't be going into a graveyard late at night all alone. Right?

Julia: Yeah, I usually avoid graveyards at night. No. Men -- some men will see us as weaker, and they'll try to take advantage of us -- and sometimes they do.

A woman knows that she can't be going into graveyards late at night? Are you sh!ttin' me?! EVERYONE knows they shouldn't be roaming cemetaries late at night! And I love the "some men will see us as weaker and they'll try to take advantage of that." Yeah... the criminals or the ones with psychological disorders! I'm sorry, I just didn't like the way that scene played out. As if Zoe had NOTHING to worry about as a man, but then, all of the troubles in the world will befall her now that she's a woman. Megan has penis envy, that's all there is to it. She has this notion that if you have a penis, either you're a rapist, or you have all the answers and are smarter and stronger than any ten females and must protect them all! Sorry, toots, but there's a little more to life as a man.

• Members

ICAM, so well said. POD Pine Valley was getting to be unbearable to even hear about. Shades of the characters we love have started to show up again, hopefully the new HW will bring them down to form. :)

• Members

I really hope that's a sign the transition is already in place. My guess is Megan was given formal notice months ago. I relaly am hoping Kay Alden is the new HW if they are not promoting within. I just am desperate for an announcement.

Megan always tanks in every stint. She's on fire for the first little while than fizzles. I thank her for the storylines I did enjoy but I am so relieved she is gone. She overstayed herelcome by about 2-3 years. Once the babyswitch ended it was all downhill and she was desperate in everything she did. Stunt casting and silly plot points.

• Members

Yeah... I am hoping the whole staff is overhauled.

The breakdown writers I am ok with, I could do without Chip Hayes. The only scripters I'd keep though are Joanna Cohen and Marla Kanelos amd maybe Karen Kewis.

Rebecca Taylor and definately Courtney Bugler need to be gone like September ;)

• Members

Oh goodness. Marian Crane returns!

She has been bad at AMC, but she hit all time lows at GL!

I really hope for every soap fans sake Megan is done in this business. Unless he goes back to consulting or a breakdown writer. She cannot be driving storyline!

Archived