Confirmed Megan Is Out on AMC

• Members

Culliton made some huge mistakes. I remember thinking Brooke would NEVER hide Maria from Edmund. But at least we had her in stories. By the end of his run I remember thinking "it's time for a new writer." The whole Vanessa thing got really silly and the show started to revolve around people I didn't care about (nuKendall, Aiden "maureen," Reggie, Joni, Trey, all of whom I liked later). The writers who came before Mc"Talent" and wrote that Anna?David/Leora/Martin Revenge story now THEY could have saved grampa's farm.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I adored the David/Vanessa/Leo stuff. It as great. Marj Dusay is so missed. OMG. :( Her spliting into all those personalities was classic. I'm stilling waiting for Leo to be revealed as Eric Kane's son, the clues were all there. As much as I hated it, I thought that twist of Vanessa having seen RF rape (or getting ready too) Erica was brilliant. It explained, almost, almost...everything. Plus, I liked that Vanessa/Erica possibly David tie as youths. Leo Kane, I will go to my grave believing he was supposed to be Eric's son. Period.

Someone said Cultion missed the boat and MMT sunk it, ICAM, absolutley.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I totally forgot about grown ass Alana de la Garza playing a 17 year old Rosa!

I specifically remember a scene at SOS when Mateo asks, "How old are you, now?" and she's like, "I'm seventeen," and my mother's like, "HA!" :lol::rolleyes:

She was not buying that woman in the role for a minute.

• Members

Cascio was amazing! Rayfield was not. They should have fired Rayfield and gave the show to Cascio. The show was so great with the corporate revenge storylines and the introduction of Michael Cambias. And I loved David's planned revenge on the Martin's.

• Members

I almost forgot about Trey!! I always wanted him to end up as a manipulative, evil type of character. I think he was going in that direction then Leo died and they toyed with pairing him with Greens. So when did Culliton get fired?? Did Rayfield and Cascio take over for him?? How long were they writing the show then and what storylines did they do or start?

• Members

Culliton got fired around the time of Boyd's introduction and just as Brooke/Adam were heating up. Rayfield took over as "interim" headwriter and immediately littered the show with newcomers, some of which stuck pretty well, others not so much. Cascio joined him as co head.

Cascio was the best headwriter since Agnes Nixon. Bianca/Lena, the corporate espionage, Jack/Erica, Leora's death, Reggie, Boyd, Michael... I know many people panned those first few months of nonstop Fusion girls all the time, but towards the end of her stint I would have called the show Emmy worthy.

• Members

That was the epitome of having a co-head come in and cleaning things up, making them more presentable. I liked Rayfield's ideas, but his execution those first few months was horrible. Cascio came in and helped out a lot. I thoroughly ENJOYED the show after she came in. The last three months of that six month interim between Culliton and McTavish was fantastic!

The downside of Rayfield was he went from being an on-and-off script writer at OLTL and AMC to being a head writer in like a year. Cascio was a breakdown writer at OLTL for a while and knew how to plot and pace story better and I think that's what helped.

• Members

AMC was excellent when Rayfield/Cascio were writing together. I loved the Michael/corporate stuff, the Lena/Bianca love story was good, Jack/Erica reuniting, David and Anna during Leora's death made me cry. I will never understand why they were fired for Mctavish. I can only imagine where the show would be now if they were kept on long. The quality of the storylines, Brooke/David would still be on the show, and the character driven storylines, geez, the show would be ten thousand times better than what it is today.

What in the world was Frons thinking hiring someone who has such a horrible track record??????? She has destroyed every show she has been on. She has been fired numerous times. Frons is an idiot and I can't believe it took YEARS to figure it out. It just makes me so angry thinking about where AMC could be if they had kept those other writers or hired someone else besides the &*()% McTavish. :angry::angry:

• Members

Seriously. Remember that commercial to commercial scene with David and Anna discussing Leora's Death? THAT was AMC. Going back, there were a few moments under Cullitan with the proteus story (SOOO many characters were used AND we still had the crystal ball) Frankie and Bianca (briefly) . I don't know that I would ever want Cullitan back but damn i'm happy McTavish is leaving.

• Members

Yeah, I remember David and Anna sitting next to each other on the bed and me and my Mom just lost it. It was so sad. Brilliant stuff. On today's AMC, Leora would die, David would blow something up and try to kill Anna and Anna would kidnap a baby.

• Members

I must be the only one who knew Leora was a goner. I mean, I didnt know, know, but if you watched David's history play out, if you really listened to the stories of his childhood, the way he was with his father, etc. you knew that unless Anna had a boy, David would lose the child. It just made sense. I even understood and knew that David would be "obessed" with Leora, because it was all in his history. That's why I never got attached to her. I always saw her death coming. I dunno.LOL

• Members

And David and Anna would grieve for about a week at the most then they would quickly move on with their lives. Leora would be mentioned only during sweeps week. And David and Anna would do something completely out of character, like Anna getting pregnant after Leora died only to have an abortion because it wasn't convenient for her to have a baby at the time.

I HATE McTavish!!!!!!! :angry::angry: I am so glad she is leaving or is already gone. But the damage has been done and good luck to the next writer. They certainly have their work cut out for them.

• Members

I personally liked Culliton. He started off well, IMO.

I wish he'd come back, actually, to a soap and headwrite. I think he's underrated. Although he had his clunkers. I'd like to see him on AS THE WORLD TURNS. Not sure why.

• Members

the thing though is that MMT wasnt bad when she first came on. IMO, she helped save AMC. It was a hot mess when I left in early 2002. I didnt watch for almost a year and a half till she took over and her stuff was good. I thought AMC for the most part was consistantly good from summer 2003 till about early 2005. Once the baby story ended, things started to fall apart and she lost all the momentum she had gained. I hate the material she's been putting out over the past year or so and she actually drove me to drop AMC again, but I wont knock on her early stuff from this current writing stint bc that stuff was good and AMC was my favorite soap during the time

• Members

I think Rayfield and Cascio were taking AMC in a good direction. I really loved the show at that time. The possibility of Brooke/Adam, Edmund/Maria were reuniting, Kendall slowly being accepted by Erica and finally get the love she craved, great IMHO.

I do agree McTavish started off strong but she was building off of their storylines. All the momentum carried over from the previous writers and she was able to drag it out into the babyswitch. But the as soon as those storylines ended (and they went on forever), she didn't have any more ideas and the show started to fall apart. The ratings started to fall and the show was becoming a mess. She should have been fired at that point. Her history is always to start strong and then completely ruining a show. Why did Frons think this time would be any different???

And look at the first storyline she did, it was a rape of a central character. It turned into an umbrella storyline for a lot of the characters and I loved the Kane women stuff but it was very dark. That has been her tone since she has returned. And Brooke was never hardly featured or given any storyline when she came on the show.

It saddens me thinking about how much I loved AMC several years ago. Now, even with her leaving, I am having a difficult time trying to motivate myself to start watching the show again. I don't know if I will reach that point. It just depends on who they hire and who they get rid of to improve AMC.

Archived