Confirmed Megan Is Out on AMC

• Members

So McTavish could really be gone as of last week????? Just in time to re-write whatever mess she was going to make during May sweeps!!! I wonder if they have some interim writers right now then. They have announced that she will no longer be the HW so maybe the don't have the new HW completely in place yet. I don't want anyone from McTavish's regime taking over as HW and that includes Amanda Bealle. Short-term is ok but not long-term. I would prefer someone from the outside who has a fresh vision. The show needs a complete overhaul and a new direction.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why they have fired McTavish and haven't announced a replacement yet. Or at the very least an interim writer. It seems to be taking forever waiting.

I also wish they would get rid of the Executive Producer because AMC needs a completer overhaul. That dreadful lighting, the cheap sets, the public access cameras, awful and unrealistic wardrobe/hair/make up, everything. It's not just the writing and for the show to truly turnaround they need to majorly revamp it, IMO.

• Members

According to SOW, AMC has moved up two existing writers to be co-headwriters now and that Kay Alden is going to be helping them with the direction of the show. If SOW is accurate, I wonder if they are setting up Alden to eventually take over the show. Or maybe Frons has another person in mind to be the HW but he/she is not available yet.

I would prefer Alden to take over or someone not associated with the show at all. I don't have a lot of confidence in any of the writers who are working for McTavish. I am afraid they have the same views and vision about AMC that McTavish did. I want someone to come in with fresh ideas. And hopefully Frons will let them actually write for the show.

• Members

Somehow I highly doubt the likes of Addie Walsh, Steve Demorest, Michelle Patrick, Jeff Beldner, etc. shared the exact same vision of Megan McTavish.

You'd have to be a special kind of twisted to share the views of MMT.

• Members

Yes, and your names would be either Agenda L. Beall or Courtney Lil Miss Hot Mess Bugler.

All I know is that Agenda Beall is so obviously pro-Carey and if she were to be, even an interim head writer/co-head writer, she'd be pushing Babe. As well as pushing the Laverys. So I say no!

Patrick and Demorest are my picks.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised. Lil Miss Hot Mess wrote TWO scripts this week, and I am beyond pissed about that. :angry: A week that consisted of 2 Bugler scripts and 1 Rebecca Taylor script? :huh: Y'all know I've been in agony! And my FF finger has gotten quite the work out!

Archived