DAYS: February & Year-To-Date Episode Rankings

JAS0N47

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

but see that's what gets me. Yes, Beemer is a fresh face,but Shawn is not a new CHARACTER. Does the Doug Marland rule still apply (gradually phase in new characters, don't shove them down the viewers throat) in this situation? Especially when -- I don't care what others say -- Beemer is 100 PERCENT better than the old Shawn, Jason Cook?

• Members

I wish Deidre Hall and Kristian Alfonso were much higher in the episode count.But I do like Brandon Beemer as Shawn Brady.I like Stephen nichols and Mary Beth Evans and they seem to have been on more the other supercouples with exception of Sami and Lucas.I don't mind Alison Sweeney,Bryan Datillo,and James Scott being on a lot because at least they are in a storyline that in my opinion is entertaining.If DAYS was to still be around for another 10 years maybe they can make Sami the new Marlena but with issues.In the case of Frances Reid as much as I would like seeing her onscreen,Reid is in 90s and she won't be around forever and she probably can't work as much as she use to.She seems to be like be everybody's grandma on the show and I still miss my grandmother who lived to be in her 90s and another grandmother who lived into her 80s.

• Members

Sami should totally be the new Marlena. But I REALLY HOPE that NBC isn't trying to dumb Dee.

You know, I was watching an NBC promo from the '80s yesterday and Jarlena were dancing around in that ad. NBC clearly recognized them as the faces of "Days," in order to trust them that much with such a prominent role. (Yeah, it was a blink and you missed it dance, but they were chosen to represent the whole show -- heck, the entire daytime lineup, so it was HUGE). So having said that, I'm pretty sure Dee's popularity hasn't decreased, so itreally hurts me to see Ali as the new face. I mean, we've seen NBC choose her as the "Days" face for SO many of their reality shows. Can we even count them on two hands anymore?

yeah, THAT many.

And now we know she'll be the new HOST of "Biggest Loser."

So that leaves Dee out in the cold.

Is NBC discriminating against her for her age?

That's what I worry about.

Dee can't be liking how much attention Ali is getting.

• Members

Maybe Deidre's low episode count has something to do with her personal life. She is going through a divorce right now and according to Extra it has gotten nasty, a lot of fighting over property and what not BUT most likely it is because they have no idea what to do with her. JER destroyed Marlena and there is a lot of character rebuilding needed.

• Members

yes it does apply. Me as a fan has to get used to a new face, new attitiude new everything. U got to wind them back in slwoly een if its a recast. Y&R did great with this but then again, their balnce is 100% better. Just look at the boar lily, (Khristel) I was mad as hell BUT LML didnt bang us in the head with her face. It was slow and gradual even though she even played on the show once before. and its to the point i dont mind her so terribly. Hell We got ugly Willow, Philip, Nick, breathing down our necks and nu Shawn. All's people see is fresh faces. Now dont get me wrong, Hogan and team are are beatiful storylines for the names i have just metioned. I really dont know what I am or was trying to say here but uhm, ANY NEW FACE< RECAST OR NOT< NEEDS TO INTRODUCED SLOWLY, Didnt anyone ever Hear and see Bill Bell do this.

• Members

Yup, three episodes. And not more in March according to rumors.

Why would Deidre wanna be the host of "Biggest Loser" though? She's a 100% devoted single mom with two children who loves the job she already has. She's deeply involved in several charities, she doesn't need a bigger job ;) Personally, I think she should do a primetime show again. That'd be awesome.

The sad thing is that they still seem to recongnize her as the face of Daytime. She's the one they send to represent. That's how it's always been. They don't mind using her name, recongnizability and popularity for press and attention but it's like she's pushed aside when it comes to airtime.

She's a pro. If they need her at work, she'll work.

They HAD a storyline for her. They obviously changed it. If DH doesn't want to work, she says it. They have her available and they're not using her, despite Sheffer a) being psyched about getting to write for her (since he absolutely loves her) and B) actually did write a story for J&M. John was supposed to be in a coma until the end of January. Three weeks. Now, it's like April at the earliest or something.

Well, she filed for divorced in late 2004 or early 2005... I dunno American laws on divorce, but you'd think she'd be divorced by the end of 2005 right?

• Members

I merely came up with one possible cause THEN also stated that is was more likely that they have no idea what to do with Marlena since that character was destroyed under JER's reign.

If she has court dates she has to appear to fight for whatever she wants to fight for the daytime moves fast so they can't wait around for someone. Hall filed for divorce in 2005 if I recall correctly and their is a substantial amount of property involved which is supposedly what they are disagreeing over. Both Hall and her husband contributed to that wealth and now both appear to want it (of course it is Extra so it might not be entirely true). The divorce can't be finalized until those terms are agreed to.

• Members

You're kidding about Dee still being given her props, right? Because the last bone NBC threw her, if I remember right, was that role on teh 75th anniversary primetime show where she asked Kelsey Grammar if the net would celebrate "Days of Our Lives" and he ARROGANTLY replied -- and I will NEVER forget this, or give NBC-ASSwipes for as I love -- "NO DAYTIME!!!"

Oh, and then there were the little animations in the left corner of the screen during the SSK storyline where they said "possessed again?" and said to find out on whatever day it was. They ran during and over primetimes shows, so that was nice.

Other than that, I think Dee could be treated a LOT better. Alison, again, in the same amount of time, has been in a BUTTLOAD of reality shows and NBC is just having a heart attack over her it seems every time we turn around.

Archived