Y&R: Is it worth watching?

• Members

After watching Y&R for all my life I have decided to quit. The show and its characters no longer hold my interest. They can be re-written to fit any plot that the current writing staff pulls out of their a$$es, and where does that leave me as a viewer? Wasting my time from what I can see. When I hear there is a new head writer, who is not going to trash the characters that I have invested years of my life watching, then I will give Y&R another chance. Until then, good bye Y&R, hello 5 hours per week of better spent time!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I don't blame you AT ALL. I think the jackass has set a record in destroying a soap in the shortest amount of time. Nothing about this so called writer makes sense. I'm going to continue to watch (maybe just 2 times a week/via YouTube) because TWO things does have my interest peak. The brief return of Beth Maitland and Melody Thomas Scott possibly getting a storyline. I won't get my hopes up, because knowing LML it will turn out to be convulted, lackluster, and stupid. Heh, at this point I'm only watching for the actors. Right now they are the saving grace of the hack's idiocy. I don't care if the ratings are up, because right now the quality is non-existent. Dear LAWD, this b!tch needs to get the steppin'

• Members

Im watching but the show is bad. There is absolutely NO storyline that provokes any interest. They either drag (Carmen murder) are a complete mess (Lauren vs Sheila round 56) or just plain boring (Jack/Victor stuff) or all of the above (reliquary drama). The only good point about it is Jill and Katherine finally getting a story but thats ruined by the fact that Amber is all over that one

• Members

^LOL, I love your rants. You're always on a roll and usually on point with them (although we may disagree on Nikki/Sharon 011.gif lol) Right now I'm sadly trying to savour the last few Dru scenes (why I don't know). I still cannot believe what this show has turned into. It's bloody sad.

• Members

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm behind on my prime time tv and don't have time to add another soap to my life. If I was to watch anything it would be B&B, which my mom tapes on my pc. I used to watch GL, but quit about 15 years ago, and have never been able to get into GH. I will never again watch AMC and the other soaps hold no interest. No wonder soaps are being cancelled when the Networks insist on hiring from within a small clique of writers who ran out of ideas decades ago. If this industry would get some new blood and honored their own history they would not be in the sad and sorry state they are today.

Archived