Y&R: Is it worth watching?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am still watching but it's not the first thing I watch when I get home. I agree that there is very little of interest going on and even the stuff I find somewhat interesting is hit and miss. Compared to what it used to be, it's a mess.

If you are looking for a new show, I would suggest Days or GL if you want good writing. I would suggest GH if you want alot of action. I guess it depends on preference but those are the three I would suggest if you want to add a show right now.

• Members

If you are looking for plot-driven storylines, then yes, Y&R is the show for you. If you want to watch the character-driven storylines that Y&R has been famous for the past 33 years, then keep on moving.

You should really check out DAYS. It's the best it's been in years. Celebrate with the rest of us! :D

I would also recommend GL. I'm a new viewer and I'm glad I'm watching. It doesn't have the best stories going on right now, but the cast knocks the material out of the park every time. I would say they have the best cast ensemble

• Members

I second that Winterguy. It is consistently the show that I want to see everyday. I think it has lost a little bit of it's quality but I don't find any of the stories boring. Days has picked up quality but the stories are boring.

The 3 best shows on the air right now to me are Y&R, GL, and GH. They never bore me and always entertain. Days and ATWT are right there with them but both have so many boring periods lately. I can't say for any of the first 3.

The only big disappointments I have with Y&R is that VR is leaving and they deaged Philip. I can't do anything about VR leaving. The other I just have to learn to tolerate like Days screwed up ages for their characters and GL's too.

Y&R is not the show it once was but neither is AMC, ATWT, B&B, Days, GH, GL, OLTL, or Passions. It has a few problems like you said, but it is still a good show.

And to answer the original question. I answer it with a big fat

YES

Archived