Y&R/ATWT- Alison Stewart is back

• Members

Thanks to OceanView from the Nick and Phyllis board http://z14.invisionfree.com/Nick_and_Phyll...3620&st=120

Marnie Schulenberg (Alison Stewart - crossover w/ ATWT? Cool!) - The daytime newcomer, who is a recast for ATWT's Alison, joins Y&R on Feb. 22, but will eventually move to ATWT in a more permanent role. She is a friend of Amber. Alison, then played by Jessica Dunphy, left Oakdale to be w/ boyfriend Aaron in Seattle in 2005.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a nice turn of events. I hope the newcomer is half as good as Jessica Dunphy though. Once again ATWT can't catch a break on getting old performers to return. I am beginning to believe that it is true that the budget is the cause of this. I had read a few years that Goutman said it was cheaper to recast even if the performer might be a vet - something about getting more money for time on the same show than just time in the industry. I guess the old performer has more pull in the contract negotiations or something.

But it would sure be nice to get a familiar face.

• Members

Wait, what? So she's joining Y&R as Alison and then moving to ATWT as Alison? WTF for? Why does Y&R need her if she's not gonna stay around? To familiarize her to Y&R's audience? This is so effin' stupid. And she's a friend of AMBER'S? Oh, that'll really endear her to us.

• Members

If it's not Jessica Dunphy, it's just not Alison. I agree that it's sort of wierd to bring her on one soap to be followed to another one. She should wear a shirt saying "Watch Me After B&B" when she's filming. Way too wierd and sort of uncreative. Other teens in Oakdale need friends & enemies. Look at the :::ahem::: teen scene now. JD would give Spencer Grammar a run for her money.

• Members

I don't get it, but if Will and Gwen are done, I approve. And I so hope Alison not written as flighty as she was when Dunphy was around. She was a miniature Katie, which usually annoyed the heck out of me. The girl's a messed up Stewart, idiots. Write her as such.

• Members

:unsure:

Why in the hell is Alison coming to Y&R? Okay, I get that she and Amber are "friends," but what is with The Hack bringing on non-Y&R characters from the past. We don't care! I know I don't.

Thank God she's eventually going to ATWT permanently. When I first read this, I thought The Hack was bringing on another CBS character to Y&R and I was going to flip. I loved Jessica Dunphy. Hopefully, she'll be just as good.

• Members

WTF? This is so random.

I too don't understand what the point of her appearing on Y&R first is, if she's not even staying. Whatever, hopefully this new actress will live up to JD, and the character of Alison won't be destroyed by JP the same way Adam has been.

• Members

Okay...just to clarify...the ACTRESS is going to be portraying a friend of Amber's. She won't be portraying Alison.

After her brief appearance on Y&R, then she's coming to ATWT as Alison.

What probably happened was...she probably booked the Y&R spot...then, a few weeks later, landed the role of Alison.

I also agree. J. Dunphy is, has, and will be the ONLY Alison for me.

Can't believe they're not bringing Aaron back. :(

Archived