Y&R/ATWT- Alison Stewart is back

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope, sorry...the PGP blog specifically says she's Alison

Marnie Schulenberg has joined the cast of As The World Turns as a recast Alison Stewart (formerly played by Jessica Dunphy).

When last ATWT viewers saw Alison, she was headed to Seattle to join boyfriend Aaron (Agim Kaba), who was taking care of his dying mother.

Of course, Alison being Alison, it's doubtful she would have found a bedside vigil entertaining for long (this is the girl who let little Will take the rap for a barn she burned down) -- especially when Aaron's mother went ahead and recovered. To find out what trouble Alison managed to get herself into since then, tune into The Young and the Restless on Thursday, February 22.

Yup, that's right, The Young and the Restless. Alison will make an appearance in Genoa City prior to coming home to Oakdale, mom Susan, and sister/mom Emily, on Wednesday, March 21

• Members

They're probably trying to make the CBS soaps like ABC, and have characters make cross-over appearances. Honestly, I think that's not needed b/c the Bell soaps are really distinct from the P&G soaps IMO.

And I'm not really looking forward to a new Alison. I thought JD did a beautiful job of the role. Besides, the writers just cannot write returning characters well at all. I can't think of one returning character who didn't change radically when they were recasted. I like Alison, and hope that her return means more airtime for Susan. However, I'm sure she'll be drastically different from the Alison we're used to.

• Members

This really bugs me and is probably an indication that Alison will be written as an entirely different character.

They're making it seem like she's devious and manipulative. She lacked judgement with the Barn incident but she had matured in her final year. She loved Aaron and it'll have to be a god-dang GOOD explanation for this.

• Members

I see this happening on Y&R and there is absolutely no logic behind it. Why are they trying to copy ABC's FAILED venture? Why are they handing the show over to 2 or 3 big stories? And 1 or 2 "supercouples"? Why try to be ABC when being number 1 has worked so well for 20 goddamn years?

• Members

I think the point of it is Barbara Bloom's idea of getting the ratings of ATWT up by way of doing a crossover event with the highest rated show, I don't think it will work the way they plan but that is why I personally think they are doing it. Of course I have a much better plan to get the ratings up, fire the hack writer of ATWT then the ratings will go up.

• Members

Well, associating her with Amber isn't really the best way of endearing her to viewers.

Why would anyone follow a character they don't even know -- a recast, even -- to another show? This won't lure any Y&R fans to ATWT.

Archived