CW Network Pulls The Plug On "Reba"

Rhiannon

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The CW fulfilled its contractual obligation for a 6th season to avoid being sued. I'm sure they were hoping it would fail, so they wouldn't look like idiots when they cancelled it. But you can tell the network doesn't want it.

• Members

It's ridiculous.

They just canceled it because Reba is country. They want to be "hip" CW and it doesn't flow well with that kind of show.

"7th Heaven" is sucking up in the only way it can, always throwing in dialogue about being "free to" do this and that, aka the network's slogan, lol. THey've done it on multiple episodes now, each time, mentioning the "free to be" ... at least twice in a row. They're SO sucking up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show -- both of them -- but it's ridiculous that The CW can't figure out it's identity and chooses to cancel its highest rated sitcom just to have a better chance of figuring out WHAT they are.

[!@#$%^&*] holes!

• Members

Drew, your posts are respectful, so continue saying what you feel. I happen to agree with everyone. You have to wonder if animals formtne local zoo are deciding the fate of shows now, because even if a show is doing very well, they will cancel it for whatever reason.

Not the first time. Hell, CBS cancelled it's whole Sunday line-up back in the late 60s because, even though the shows were still very highly rated, they didn't want "Country Comedies" on their network anymore.

Petticoat Junction & The Beverly Hillbillies were both let go, and Reba is along the same lines, so maybe that's the real reason. They have never liked the show, but it was a hit, so they had to keep it.

• Members

What I thought was silly was to bring back 7th Heaven after they had left the air. They had a series finale, it was gone, and then 3 months later they decide "Aye! Let's bring back 7th Heaven! What a great idea!"

Jackasses.

• Members

I actually only started watching this show about 6 months ago when I caught the reruns during the afternoon and I love it! So sad they are canceling it. That's why I don't really like to get into primetime shows anymore because whenever there is a new show that I like or an existing one that I start watching it gets cancelled.

Archived