ATWT: Wednesday Discussion

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would have to day that today's show was just so-so, not nearly has good as yesterday, Today's highlights would have to be Parker and then Emily's storyline. I am really enjoying this Parker I know that everyone thinks he is being a punk, which he is but the actor is doing a great job of portraying a teen. Also Emily's storyline looks like it might really be good, I think they have set it up pretty good. Will/Gwen/Adam are just boring, someone just needs to end this storyline already. I liked Brad alittle bit more than previous days maybe because he talked in a much quieter voice today.

Also I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Fatih said something about how great Vienna looks to Parker and Parker said something like yeah if your into that kind of thing, I don't know if the line was meant to mean something but it caught me off guard, and it could be interesting if it does mean something.

• Members

I watched today's episode.

Am I the only one that got a bad vibe when Parker told Faith he likes blowing up things? I can see the writers turning Parker into a complete hellraising psychopath.

I just wanted to shove food into Faith's mouth :lol:

Oh, and it's nice to see Austin Reed travelling around the country. I wonder where he dropped Carrie off at.

• Members

I think he deserves every "talentless hack" comment he gets. Somehow I think it's hardly the first time he's been hit with criticism, coming over from DOOL. I just wonder how he's going to deal with being virtually ignored by the press now he's on ATWT.

On to today's show....Parker rocks!!! (from the previews, I can hardly wait for tomorrow...) I'm sure Parker's comment re:Vienna had to do with her relentless hitting on any man she sees. I did find it a sweet thing to say to Faith, although I'm sure he's unaware of how Faith feels about being skinny. He really is able to hold his own in scenes with Jack. I think he's a keeper.

I felt really bad for Will today. His brother orchestrated it perfectly, making it seem like Will gave himself enough rope to hang himself. Gwen is a poor excuse for a wife, that's for sure. The last time he was framed, she smelled it right away.

Emily the Hooker. Ick. Boy, she must be something to earn $1000 a pop.

• Members

I guess I should make some comments about the show.

So, Emily's joining the very elite club that B&B's Jackie is familiar with. LOL! I can buy Emily with her desperate need for male attention, but... I'm just gonna wait and see how this story progresses. I mean, how low can a person get. It might be an interesting story.

Does Jean Passanante think she can make Brad completely unlikable and the fans will enjoy it. There's just not one think likeable about the character like there used to be, and much of that has to do with the way the actor is playing the role. A good actor can overcome piss poor writing and bring something to the role that will make the audience feel something for him.

This whole Gwen/Will miss is stupid. I don't buy for one minute that Gwen would fall for this crap. It's just senseless.

I actually like the whole Snyder family story with Lily and Faith. It's probably the only thing I'm enjoying right now on the show.

• Members

There's something about Emily's storyline that makes me really uncomfortable. I know Emily has pulled a lot of stunts in the past, but this is a little too low for her. I hate how the writers are making every woman on this show pathetic!! Now, the real Emily would have marched up to that guy and shoved the $1,000 down his throat. But this one sees the money, and gets the idea to "go pro"?? :rolleyes:

Gwen is so stupid. This character has been destroyed IMO. She used to be a lot stronger. Now she's being duped by a bunch of morons.

Why do TIIC insist on making so many characters unlikable? I already can't stand Brad.

• Members

At a certain age, casting should be perfect! Austin Peck is in his late 30s and is being out-acted by Faith and Parker. He just needs to retire right now. The fact that he failed miserably at his screentest TWICE and STILL got the job is RIDICULOUS. And I do believe Peck is WORSE here than on DAYS. Why? Because the cast here is so talented which further highlights his shortcomings and he seems to be trying to hard at humor, sex appeal, etc. and it just highlights what an AWFUL actor he is. It was better on DAYS when it clearly didn't give a crap and would fade into the background.

Making Brad a homophobe has completely killed the character for me. And the fact that he still made homophobic remarks after learning Luke was gay is not a good thing. Vienna is being wasted with this terrible story when she should be rocking the house with Henry.

Kelly Hensley has an AMAZING body, I wonder how she's going to look as her pregnancy develops. Still I hate this story and find it too out of character for Emily. The way women are written on this show reminds me of GH back when pregnant Sam was getting kicked in the stomach.

Gwen and Will's story is INSANELY BAD! They are so self-absorbed and go from one story to the next! Who decided to make these two the focal point of the show? It's ridiculous and has ruined both characters, not to mention Adam or the new character being called Adam.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 31 2007, 06:40 PM)
At a certain age, casting should be perfect! Austin Peck is in his late 30s and is being out-acted by Faith and Parker.

Can we get an amen? ATWT casting is so insanely hit or miss, it's mind boggling. I think they did a good job casting all the children, but nuAdam and Brad just suck.

• Members

Today's show was ok. Emily's storyline didnt bother me that much. Who would have thought that two kids would be front and center on ATWT. It sure looks like it with Parker and Faith. I dont mind it actually. But those two actors put AP to shame. They run circles around him. Can you imagine if AP had scenes with the great Elizabeth Hubbard or Colleen Zenk Pinter?

Brad sucks! I will keep saying that till he leaves the show. He is not needed. Why was he hired?

Gwenie is so stupid. I am tired of her being so dumb! What happened to the Gwen that came to Oakdale?

Archived