Days: Wednesday, January 31st

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kenny, i feel the same way about Chelsea..she's currently my favorite character as well, tied with Sami though......And its because Rachel Melvin just lights up the screen when she's on...also hogan has done wonders for her character and has actually let her mature a little...She's not trying to reunite her parents anymore, and is actually doing something to help other people..

• Members

Okay, here is a prime case in point. This episode was OK but there are several things to be said here.

There were only 3-4 FAMILIAR FACES in this show. Kate, Lucas, Sami and Belle.

Then you have nuPhillip, nuShawn, Nick, Willow, EJ and Chelsea who has up until now been a character made to hate! There is a problem with this. Where is the familiarity?? How are viewers suppose to connect with these shows?? I can't stand Nick. I know he has fans here but him being a Horton means nothing. He has no historical presence on this show and he was introduced with his family members either (at least GH does that usually when they are going to introduce a teen from a family). Him being a Horton is just like saying the 1999 teen invasion was fine because all of those teens were core family members. Though, I do agree that is not as close to being as bad as that was.

Nick is all over the place and I hate it when writers introduce new characters and make them instant heroes (which Nick has been since day one seeing as though he found the cure for Steve and Kayla). It shows that a writer has favoritism towards his creations and Hogan is clearly threading those waters. IA Nick is not that bad but he's all over the place and he is a TEEN. This show revolved all around these new faces, or relatively new faces. If someone was to say, wow DAYS is so good now you should really watch and that person decided to watch this episode, what would they see? New characters. Stupid special effects. Oh yeah, and EJ who is Susan Banks kid from 10 years ago.. what he's 30 already??

It's bologna. And Nick and Chelsea are being shoved down our throats. Maybe some are enjoying seeing their romance build but I'm not and it shouldn't be taking up a lot of airtime either. Abby has more historical relevance than Nick and she has been on the show for years, yet, she has become second fiddle to Nick, just like she was to Chelsea when Chelsea first came on. If he should be writing for a Horton teen it should be Abby.

And this Phillip thing blows chunks as well. It is dumb that he is chasing after a child when he has a child that is biologically his that is going to be born soon and he doesn't care about it. It makes no sense. I can understand that he is attached to Claire but they should at least address the surrogate issue.

And tomorrow's episode doesn't look that much better either.

• Members

Is Nick a teen? I thought he was in his early 20s.

Chelsea is eighteen. Granted, she has a teen behind her age, but she is legally an adult. The same with Abby. So I don't consider them kids.

And despite Nick being a creation of Hogan, he still is a Horton. Chelsea is a Brady/Kirakis. Abby is a Horton. It's not like SSM & Langan's era when unconnected teens like Chloe, Jan, Susan, Kevin, and Mimi were taking over the show. They have ties to the two main families. And unlike the other characters seven years ago, the writing is better, the actors are better, and the stories are better. Yes, it is frustrating when newbies and certain characters take over the show, but better the next generation of core families than unconnected newcomers.

Philip not going after his biological child IS dumb though. I hope the writers will bring back the surrogate on and Philip has a change of heart and seeks custody of the baby. These characters need to start going after things and people they can actually have.

Archived