Rob Zombie's Halloween

Shawn

• Members

Yeah, but, did JLC want to return? He als said that the brother-sister angle was what he thought up when he was drunk. I think it worked very well, until it got so lost in bad writing that it morphed into this Thorn Curse crap we have stuck with for H5 & H6.

I also heard a soundbite from JLC, where she said that H20 would be her last appearance as Laurie, and that she wouldn't come back for no amount of money. Well, I guess she thought her career was back ontrack when she made that staement, and her mind sure changed when she accepted the role once again for HR.

I for one am glad this is starting back up, and RZ has done a very good job with the casting. Alex from A Clockwork Orange ( Atrue classic) playing Dr. Loomis? The irony. And the man who played Sabertooth playing Michael Myers.

Ths is going to be a wild one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair to JC, to studios demanded he up the gore factor in the wake of movies like Friday the 13th. They felt they had to compete. John, along with the late Debra Carpenter, has said in numerous interviews that he hated the final product, but as a result of doing it, he was able to branch out and make an original (and horrific) Halloween 3.

JLC was contractually obligated to do the sequel, whether she wanted to or not.

• Members

She wasn't in a coma. She was drugged up from the knife wound to her arm, and the fracture she had in her ankle.She really didn't say too much until near the end, when she & Loomis had Michael in the operating room.

I didn't care for the mask in H4, but loved the whole outfit 1,000 times better than that crap from H5 or H6, even though, for the most part, George Wilbur played Michael in both films (instead of for the extra scenes that were shot later for the lousy new footage).

As far as Rachel leaving the house in H5, I'll agree with and give you that. What also costed her, on top of the cops, IMO, was going back INTO the house after she left. Even if she just had a towel, she should not have went back in after knowing how Michael stalks his prey.

But, to view Halloween: 25 Years OfTerror, the actress playing her didn't like the original daethfor her character (Getting a pair of scissors shoved down her throat) and only agreed to return if they changed the death scene. Dominick Girard should be ashmed of himsellf, IMHO, for what he did to H5.

• Members

I'm still on the fence about this, but at least Rob put some actual horror legends in there, like Dee Wallace Stone, Adrienne Barbeau, Courtney Gains (awesome as psycho Malachi in Children of the Corn), Brad Dourif and THE MAN Clint Howard (check out Evilspeak---amazing movie). I was expecting to see a big cast list of pretty boys and girls from The CW & FOX.

The only Halloween movies I liked were the first, 2, and 4. I hear the actual Director's Cut of 6 is a much better and coherent movie that addresses that whole Thorn thing, which I still think is dumb.

Rob is cool---any guy that will paint his bedroom ceiling purple with gray storm clouds is OK in my book. :lol:

• Members

The three best of the series. If 2 did not take place in the same night, it wouldn't have been as good as it was. 4 was fantastic. Reminds me of the first one, only with more action.

Did you know that H2 was supposed to take place one year later, with Michael finding Laurie living in a high-rise apartment building.

• Members

Oh wow I didn't know that H2 was supposed to take place then and there. Stupid studios HAD to rush and compete with the gorier, inferior Friday the 13th, and wouldn't let John Carpenter and Debra Hill take their time to craft a great sequel. Don't get me wrong. H2 was awesome, but still, I wonder what could have been...

• Members

Yep, but, JC wanted to continue it on the same night, right after Loomis shot Michael and he fell off the balcony, which was refilmed BTW.

I do feel the best pice of casting is having Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis. Donald Pleasance would be so proud.

• Members

I LOVE everything about H4. Especially the face off in the gas station diner, and when the sheriff's daughter finds the deputy impaled on the door at the precise moment Michael stops rocking in the chair. CLASSIC! :)

One thing I always wondered: In the scene where Rachel picks Jamie up from school, she's with her friend Lindsey. I used to think that it was the same Lindsey (Wallace) character from Halloween that Annie and then Laurie babysat for.

• Members

The very same one. I personally woud have had Jamie be Lindsey's little niece, and have that character as the centerpiece, because she saw what Michael did ten years earlier.

H4 is one of my all-time faves. A great atmospheric motion picture. I still can't watch it at night, along with H2 & the original. That scene you mentioned was great! All she could do was gasp when she saw who was standing in front of her.

And........the opening, where Michael escaped. Man, to see him do his damage after all those years of not being on the big screen was great.

Archived