Rob Zombie's Halloween

Shawn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got this info from www.bloody-disgusting.com

Laurie Strode Officially Announced for Zombie's 'Halloween'

Posted: January 28, 2007 @ 12:07am | Source: Zombie's MySpace | Comments (16)

Scout Taylor-Compton has just destroyed all of the ridiculous rumors and has officially been cast as Laurie Strode in Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween, which hits theaters August 31. She has been in two horror films in the past year, Wicked Little Things and An American Crime, which debuted at Sundance two weeks ago. She joins the all-star cast of Tyler Mane, Malcolm McDowell, Daeg Faerch, Heather Bowen, Pat Skipper, Dee Wallace Stone, Sheri Moon Zombie, William Forsythe, Ken Foree, Danielle Harris, Adrienne Barbeau, Clint Howard, Courtney Gains, Daryl Sabara, Brad Dourif, Udo Kier and Kristina Klebe. Shooting has officially begun in Los Angeles, CA. Watch for more details as they come in, read on for a pic of the new Laurie Strode!

• Members

I would also tell Jamie Lee Curtis to eat her heart out. With some of the comments she's made in the past about Halloween, and the fact that she only did H20 because her career was in the toilet at the time, and she needed a hit, I'm glad that someone at Dimension had the good sense to finally end that other timeline and start fresh.

I hate these arrogant actors and actresses who, after becoming famous, decide that the film or t.v. show that made them that way is beaneath them.I hope I never hear from JLC again. She was one of my favorites, but now she makes me sick.

Sorry about the rant. We now return you to your regularly scheduled horror thread, already in progress.........

• Members

There was an interview she did whilemaking H20, that was cut out. You may can find the audio of it, but she said, when asked about coming back for another Halloween, that she wouldn't do it for any amount of money. That just really struck me as very arrogant. It kinda pissed me off, seeing as we only knew her as Janet Leigh's and Tony Curtis's daughter, and one of the stars Operation Petticoat when her career started.

Halloween gave her her start, and for me, even if she did fel like that, if you heard her tone, it sounded like the series was beneath her. What i did enjoy is Danielle Harris wanted to come back and do H6, even though it was basically a cameo, and turned it down because the asswipe execs didn't want to pay her some good money (On top of the fact that she didn't like how her caharcter was killed off).

I don't know, Shawn. I guess I'm just huge on actors we have never heard before making it big, and then still being grateful for the opprotunity that many people don't get, but instead act like the project that putthem on the map was a burden to them.

• Members

I had to opportunity to see the original in theatres this past Halloween when they had a limited run screening here in NYC. It was such a surreal experience. It was great seeing people scared out of their minds from GENUINE scares. Not cheap "GOTCHA" moments that are so prevalent in today's horror movies.

• Members

Now, imagine seeing it when it first premiered? Dude, there were grown men with their hands over their eyes! :lol: The funniest stuf you would have ever seen. Seeing it in the theater is the best, especially with surround sound.

Archived