Rob Zombie's Halloween

Shawn

• Members

grrr...arrgh... I remember that fiasco...what a goon.

The first two were the absolute best, the third is like WTF, and the fourth and fifth are pretty good as well, even though some history gets all messed up. Six was alright, but the last two can kiss my ass....couldn't stand them, H20 is watcheable, but still really not a strong movie/story, and again, history has been changed. the last one was a total snooze, IMO.

Everything that I have seen with Zombie talking about this movie makes me feel like we are really going to have a classic on our hands!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, I can see the appeal. He does have a way about him now that I look at him on the videos.

3 was AWFUL. So was 5 and Resurrection. I wanted my money back! :lol:

This movie is destined to be great. I will so be there opening night.

• Members

5 was not horrible. 6 was horrible. 5 was a decent, yet disapointing follow up to the amazing Halloween 4. Tina sucked, it should have been Rachel instead of killing her off first and stupidly - and it's nice Akkad admitted this later on.

What I want to know is who's playing Laurie Strode!!!

• Members

IMHO, H5 sucked Kong balls. One of the worst movies, period. H4 was, truly, one of the very best horror movies, and best movies, I've ever seen. I just hope that RZ's Halloween measures up.

And, BTW, the last film John Carpenter gave his blessing to?

Halloween 4.

There are script reveiws of this movie, but I wouldn't take them to heart. I just hope that whatever subtle changes that are made are done in the spirit of Halloween, and of the only great sequels they have done, H2 & H4.

• Members

H5 was an incredible joke. First, you have a strong, smart character from the previous great installment, Rachel Carruthers, become stupid and get murdered within the first twenty minutes. Then you have that whole incredibly stupid "selling point" where Michael is "unmasked for the first time", when in fact it was done originally, and with an actual glimpse of his face, in the original.

You have the atrocious "rake in the face", which, as Roman said in a previous conversation with me, brought an eruption of laughter in the movie theatre.

And that incredibly stupid "telepathic bond" between Jamie and Michael? UGH NO!

And that hideously unrecognizable mask Michael was wearing, and that poor excuse for the Myers house. The list goes on and on.

The movie was rushed, and was lazy, and worst of all, it was stupid.

Atleast Resurrection had the opening scene which had promise before it collapsed. H5 collapsed after the innovative opening credits.

• Members

That's what I hated about H5. A Myers mask that looked like it had male pattern baldness. The stupid link he had with Jamie, the Keystone Cops in this mivie, the thing caharcters, etc.

But, worse of all?

The fact that they had a PERFECT setup for the next generation in the Halloween franchise, and dropped all of that for the garbage on the screen.

But.......I do see where fans of H5 are coming from. It was a technicall well0made motion picture, even though the director didn't have one clue how to film a Halloween movie. And.....it was ten times better than H6 or Resurrection. H20 was decent, but it took far too long for the suspense to start, and when the chase begins, it's over in abot 15 minutes.

He's got alot riding on Halloween, and I hope he can deliver.

• Members

Don't get me started on the Keystone cops. And UGH. H6 and the Thorn storyline. The ONLY part of H6 that I loved, and what made it rank higher than H5, is the scene in the hospital where the strobe lights are going off and hes slaughtering in seemingly slow motion. That was cool. I remember seeing in the movie theatre in seventh grade and the audience was really into it.

• Members

To defend Rachel ... she did leave the house, and phone the police. She did the smart thing. She was done in by those two idiot cops with the silly background music.

The telepathic bond was a good idea, poorly executed.

I don't remember the rake scene to comment.

The unmasking scene, despite it happening in H1, was still a great moment. The silent bond between Jamie and Michael was so compelling to watch, she got through to Michael, made him cry - but then when she went to wipe the tear he snapped back to reality. It was a great moment.

The costume for Michael in H4 was much worse than H5, with that stupid hockey gear. The H5 actor did a better job with his movements and body language than the H4 and H6 actor did. The house did suck.

Archived