Guiding Light cancelled?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean, while this is probably fake and I'm getting my hopes up for nothing, I have to believe that this could be a good idea. Guiding Light has lived it's time. 70 years is a huge milestone, and one that I don't think any other soap will meet. Sorry to say it, but it's not getting any better. Do you want to see this show end up like Passions, hitting 1.7s? I'd rather end it on a respectful number.

• Members

Dude, where have you been? Yes, I admit it. :lol: I want to see DAYS last and if it means taking off a nowhere going soap like GL, then so be it. ATWT has hope and I don't want to see it be cancelled. Kill me for having a dream :lol:

How about they would do it to make a profit? It's all about the money! CBS would gain from DAYS, definitely.

• Members

I agree that cancellation is not good for the genre, Josh, but for "GL" it's a different story. Sorry, "GL" fans, but do you want things to get so bad that all scenes take place in a single setting? A hotel room ? A restaurant? Something like that? It would definitely take away from the show. If it affects the show's quality in a crippling manner, economics may force cancellation or force an incredibly bad product. I'm not a hypocrite for saying this (and I don't mean to be meanspirited, that's not it at all). "Passions" was young and wasn't paying the obviously HUGE salaries of vets who've been on the show forever, like GL is probably paying Kim Zimmer and others. On my show, the budget wasn't affecting greatly the production values. But all you hear about from many GL fans is the lack of sets and how pitiful it sometimes looks. That's all I'm saying here. Either way, it's an unfortunate situation, but some shows run their course, and perhaps GL is one of them. 70 years is an incredible accomplishment.

Archived