American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

Taylor was looking all kinds of yummy tonight....YES I SAID IT!!! LOL!!

And I'm glad Jordin won...YAY!!!

Also on a side note, Mandisa has a Gospel album coming out or it already has sometime very soon!!

And yes like I said earlier this finale was all about the previous winners, which was fun and good to see but I would have liked to see more of the guys from this year, I think. LOL.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congrats to Jordin and her fans. The real shame IMHO is that Melinda didn't win. Melinda was by far the best singer of this season and one of the best singers of IDOL in all time IMHO. Melinda is by far better than Blake or Jordin. I do think all 3 will end up doing good.

That's a racist remark IMHO. Fantasia is a very good soul/R & B singer.

Taylor yummy??!!!!!!! WTF!!?!?!?! I thought he looked kinda sickly or drugged out actually.

• Members

OMG, I TOTALLY disagree!!!

"This is My Now," as sung by the DIVINE Jordin, is so sweet and touching. I wanted to lie down and DIE for her tonight on the finale, when she could barely get through it due to the tears of joy! That was my girl, right there!

That was her now!

• Members

"Jordin's a fat ass"

"Blake's a fag"

"Fantasia is a screaming hyena"

"Taylor is a drunken old man"

"Ruben is a heart attack waiting to happen"

"Sanjaya is...well Sanjaya"

We've heard it all and it seems that people have become offended by these remarks. Let's try and be a little nicer.

• Members

:lol:

I love you, Rick.

For the record, I don't believe I've ever referred to Blake as that. I just don't see the big deal about discussing sexuality, because straight or gay, I don't consider either to be an insult. If he's gay, fantasic! If he's straight, hooray! Doesn't matter to me. I just think that the crotch-grabbing picture was hot. 'Tis all! It's no big deal.

I did, however, call him a 'pissant.' And yes, that was meant very negatively. So I'll refrain from that in the future. :P

• Members

I noticed that Kelly Clarkson's voice sounded very raspy and strained during her performance of "Never Again."

Then, about a week ago, her voice sounded the same when she had a duet with Reba McEntire on the Country Music Awards.

My question is... is she making her voice sound raspy and strained on purpose, to go for a rock-ish sound? Maybe she thinks that her regular voice is too recognizable as a pop sound, and so she wanted to give herself a different sound for her rock album with the raspy voice.

I'm not sure whether she's doing it on purpose or not, but I definitely prefer her voice as it was before... I haven't been a fan of her recent live performances. Not to mention her outfits and hairstyles! Eeek, LoL.

Anyway, she shouldn't push herself too hard to sound like something different. Nobody is ever as good as when they're just themselves, and I think Kelly might be trying too hard to make a new image for herself.

• Members

Go Jordin! I'm glad she won. She's awesome.

This season finale was definitely a step down from previous finales. It didn't run smoothly at all. I felt the show lost momentum everytime it went to do one of those silly Idol awards. Note to Nigel: it ain't working.

• Members

What's up with that little girl bursting into a hysterical fit of tears everytime she sees Sanjaya?

I think she probably has a severe emotional disorder, or something. I mean, it was cute as first? Now? Well, now it's just scary and a little bit disturbing.

Archived