Days: Rumor

• Members

I'd LOVE Damon as a Mickey recast!

But if it is true, just because Davidson wasn't snatched up doesn't mean a thing. It's all about timing, folks. And maybe Eileen WON'T be approached. Maybe she doesn't want to rush into a job so soon. There could be a lot of things. It really isn't as simple as "we want you Eileen" and "OK". Sometimes, I guess, but there could be a lot of reasons.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damon is a superb actor but IA he shouldn't be brought on if not to be used, and he shouldn't be brought on just because GH fired him. DAYS failed with that with John Ingle (big time IMO). Also if budget is such an issue they should just keep Mickey off. I also agree that Eileen should be returning pronto and that should be the cast news we are hearing!!

If they really want Damon they should create a new role for him. Maybe he can come to town with Vivian and be Vivian's new love interest and then they can link him to Victor and so fourth. Maybe he can be the big surgeon that gave Phillip his new face...

• Members

I don't know where everyone is getting this idea that ED is coming back to days. It is just wishful thinking people.

As for Damon as Mickey... I could buy into that. I would like to see him in the role given the reduced capacity of Frances Reid. Corday said a long time ago (not that I believe anything he says, btw) that he wanted Mickey and Maggie to eventually inherit the role that Alice and Tom played. One of DAYS' signature themes is Julie, Addie, Hope or Jennifer going to talk to Alice and Tom. This has been recreated to a much lesser extent with Mimi and Belle going to Caroline. If Damon were to come on DAYS they'd have to give him a story or two so he can develop relationships with the characters so that, in three-four years time, he can be a legitimate figure for Salemites to depend on along side Maggie. I'm not saying he'll become the town's dad or replace Tom, but he'll play a passive role in guiding the souls of the characters that are experiencing the front-burner conflict. That has been DAYS' trademark for decades.

Having said that, I'd want Damon to use his acting chops to gain legitimacy in the role. First, I'd want him to dye his hair grey so he can look more like a Mickey then an Alan. Second, I'd want him to take on a huge defense case for Lucas, Belle, Max or Abe. The case would have to go up against someone else on the show and be a real confrontation with a lot of unexpected twists/turns. Perhaps Mickey represents Belle for attempting to kill Phillip, or something dramatic like that. Third, I'd want a companion story where Mickey's priorities are tested as Maggie falls off the wagon and he has o be there for his wife. We know Damon can play the role of the addict so this time I'd like to see him be the person supporting the addict. And fourth, I'd say Mickey has to go through a major health scare (heart attack, stroke or cancer) and survive to fit the role. With the exception of the trial, none of these stories need to be front-burner but they need to give him a legitimate chance at digging into emotional, multi-generational and history-inspired stories. With this plan, he could (based on his acting ability) seamlessly come into the role as Mickey.

The alternative is to write him off and send Maggie away too (I'm not advocating this) and bring Doug and Julie in full time to take over the elder's role. (Again, i'm not trying to be ageist or unsupportive of their ability to hold a front burner story, I'm just being realistic). Doug and Julie have more in common with the current cast then Mickey and Maggie. Being Hope's parent's, Doug and Julie have a greater connection to the new generation of DAYS (Shawn, Belle, Claire, dogglebug, Chelsea) then Mickey and Maggie do. Personally, I'd be happy with both sets on the show but that is unrealistic.

The other question is, do we even need Mickey? Could he just die off screen, we all mourn and Maggie gets on with her life? That is very sad to me as a longtime days fan to advocate but could be a really compelling story.

• Members

Back to Stuart Damon playing Mickey, Damon is an amazing talent and since the idiots at GH were stupid enough to let him go, I think Days should definitely pick him up and use him as Mickey. Over the last three decades he has played the role of Alan amazingly and gracefully. He went through ups and downs. When the character was an addict he portrayed what looked like a real addict, when Alan was so angry at his with and her lover he was able to show real raw emotion and it was even believable that he would want them to pay. Damon is an awesome actor and if Days wants to put him in the less tha n pivotal role of Mickey Horton, than I say let them go for it.

• Members

I hope this is true. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Remember when GH dropped John Ingle(Edward) to non-contract recurring, he left on his own accord to join DAYS when DAYS offered him the role of Mickey Horton. I think DAYS and NBC would be very smart to do this since ABC/GH are willing to fire a 30 year vet and Emmy winner Stuart Damon. Stuart would make a great Mickey and would have great chemisty IMHO with Suzanne Rogers(Maggie). I bet this would be great.

• Members

Because of this thread, I had a dream last night (on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, no less) that JER was back headwriting the show and Stuart Damon was cast as Mickey Horton, who was then turned into a serial killer.

No lie.

Archived