Days: Rumor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder a lot about this situation. If John stepped down because he was very upset with the show's direction at the time, wouldn't he have reason to return now? I'd say try to get him back, even if it's just for a brief appearance here and there.

The reason I wonder is the story at the time was Clarke retired for health reasons, which makes me wonder about how he's doing.

• Members

To me, that would be the ideal solution. If his health really is an issue, he doesn't need to be working too much, but an appearance every now and then (i.e. Christmas, etc.) wouldn't hurt, and it would satisfy me. Honestly, although it would be nice, I don't expect Mickey and/or Maggie to be getting a big storyline ever again, so I see no need for a recast.

• Members

I think that this could work, for a few reasons.

One, Mickey would not be written as the same jukebox king he was written as before. He won't be wearing cowboy boots and ten gallon hats like he was before. He'll be a lawyer, as he always have been -- Stuart can easily pull that off.

Two, John Ingle looked old enough to be Alice's father. That didn't work, seeing as how Mickey is Alice's son. Stuart could pull off Alice's son, easily.

I'm not sure what kind of chemistry I can see him having with Maggie, but eh... I shall wait and see.

I think this can work.

One question, though. Wasn't he let go from GH after Eileen Davidson was let go from Y&R? Why is it that he's been snatched up this quickly (if true) and Eileen is still floating around out there?

• Members

I said Damon should come to DAYS as Mickey in the post about his firing from GH. Wonder if they say my post and decided to run with the rumor?

Damon would be great, and would look good with Suzanne. But, if he and Suzanne aren't going to get a story worth his talent, than the show should just continue to mention Mickey in name.

• Members

I think we should all take a deep breath about this rumor. It started because someone added a line to Stuart Damon's Wikipedia page stating he would be joining Days as Mickey Horton in Spring 2007. Anyone can add anything to Wikipedia, so I wouldn't put much stock in it until it comes from a better source.

That having been said, I think Damon would make a great Mickey. John Ingle was far too old for the role, IMO. Damon could really revitalize the role with Suzanne.

Beyond any of that, I doubt Days could afford Damon right now.

• Members

I do question whether he would fit the role of Mickey. He would be awesome with Rogers and if he was coming on I have no doubt this means there is a story coming for M&M but I just don't know if he can fit as Mickey or if this is needed.

I think I would be much more apt to want him to play someone else then Mickey. It just seems more comfortable to me doing that.

My stance is see if you can use Clarke on a recurring basis or for holidays and events or just get rid of Mickey and bring someone in for Maggie. Damon could still come on, possibly as a doctor and sweep her off her feet after Mickey is gone. It's just hard for me to see him as Mickey. He is a great actor and probably would make it work but I don't know.

I would love to stick it to Frons and steal some GH fans though.

• Members

Belle and Shawn will need an attorney and Hogan may make it a huge court case with the Horton's vs the Kiriakis in the child custody case when they are brought back. It will be one that Mickey Horton would have to actually work for and HAVE to win. I'd love to see a good lawyer story and Stuart Damon looks like he is very believable in being able to handle it.

• Members

If it where to be true I wonder how long it took for the DAYS people to have him on the phone when the news broke that GH had let him go.

I can see him with Maggie unlike Ingle.

And on the fact that he played son to the last actor who played Mickey not everyone watches both DAYS and GH and wouldn't know the difference.

I would be willing to give him the chance if it where to be true. They have to address Mickey somehow.

Archived