Y&R: "Wait a second, that's PHYLLIS' VOICE!!!!!"

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In my opinion, I think Michelle is a better actress than Kimberlin. However, when the writing was good for Sheila and Kimberlin played her, she was amazing. But I understand fans being upset with Michelle playing Sheila. I love Brenda Barrett in GH. If someone other than Vanessa Marcil played her, I would stop watching it.

However, in a day and age when all stories are pretty much being recycled, it is nice seeing a soap take a chance on something new. I am glad that Y&R is taking a chance. I would rather see this storyline than an amnesia storyline anyday. I want to give Michelle a chance, I think she will do a fantastic job.

• Members

Another utterly stupid statement. Way to go to shoot yourself in the foot. We love Sheila because she is not one note, under KIMBERLIN BROWN. Your adored FauxSheilaPheilawhateverthefuckHernameis is just that... one note psycho and you seem to LOVE IT.

Make up your mind, dear :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

Why is there such a problem with the Kimberlin fans saying they want the storyline to fail? So what. That is how they feel. There is nothing mean about it. A storyline's failure allows the writers true feedback and the ability to know what parameters they need to reach for or stay within. They don't have to like every storyline or wish it well.

And come on, can we have a little more respect for their feelings? Why tell them to get over it but in a few months when everyone else is pissed about something, its okay? JMO

• Members

Oh boy, another Kimberlin thread. Marland, I respect your opinion, but there are other who just don't care---and that is their opinion, too. Welcome to the world of opinion.

(Eagerly awaiting the 4th thread on this matter... :rolleyes: )

• Members

Don't give me that CRAP! We never saw Sheila go through with any lameass facial reconstruction (that stinks of JER btw) and it was easily changeable.

You obviously watch Y&R for the STORYLINES and not the CHARACTERS themselves, which i always DID as i believe character IS story... so let me tell you how it affects me and my fellow Elite, shall i? SHEILA CARTER is our favorite character, we've followed her in and out of TWO SOAP OPERAS since 1990 and there's a lot to be said for that. I literally grew up with this woman and even when i was 6 years old, i could tell she was misunderstood even if she had serious emotional problems. I knew her. I got inside her head, and now i feel i understand Sheila and want her to get the help she deserves. Instead, she gets more weapons, wigs, accents, campy plots and now a new face.

I feel fucked with.

• Members

I'm a fan of MS and KB. However, I hope this story fails because KB IS Sheila for me and LML trying to have MS play Sheila just to give her "dramatic" scenes without having to mess with her precious Phyliss and Nick reeks. It's too reminiscent of Guza and Maurice Bernard on GH. Also, it's lazy writing. What's next? Will MS play a returned Diane in disguise in more "riveting" scenes with PB? While she's playing Sheila, will she then morph into a young Latina and play Isabella too? Puhlease.

I wish LML to purgatory.

Archived