Y&R: "Wait a second, that's PHYLLIS' VOICE!!!!!"

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hogan/Marland

Just because I say I like the story how is that disrespecting your opinions - it's not.

I like Kimberlin Brown - still do. But I like this story too. You are right you are entitled to your opinions. And I and others are entitled to ours.

I love the story so far, and I love Michelle Stafford in it.

Just because Kimberlin is not there I am not going to condemn the story from the get go.

I was Hunt Block's biggest fan as Craig on ATWT, but I didn't prejudge Jeffrey Meek either and now I love Craig again and love Meek in the role.

I never thought I would like anyone other than Brian Bloom as Dusty, but I actually like Grayson McCouch. I liked him a lot better when Hogan was writing him. But even now I still love McCouch even though I miss Brian Bloom.

All that I or anyone else that likes the story asks is to allow us to enjoy it. We are giving it a chance. Sorry but right now I love Y&R the whole show, and think it is the best thing in daytime, but again that is just my opinion. The main thing I like about it is that Latham is taking chances that the other soaps are not taking. She is like many of the great dayimte writers and producers of the past who took chances.

I specifically am referring to Harding Lemay. He went against the grain many times and didn't play it safe. And he gave us the some stinkers but some real big winners too.

• Members

Oh my God, please don't drag me into this! LoL

I've already said, it's a MISTAKE to create "Pheila." It's camp, totally unbelievable, and doesn't make sense. Why would she choose Phyllis, anyway? She would've chosen Lauren. This isn't up to regular Y&R standards.

However, that being said, Michelle Stafford IS doing a terrific job. No, she doesn't make a better Sheila than Kimberlin Brown. The writing for this whole thing is campy and contrived and the whole basis of it doesn't make sense. But I CAN appreciate that Michelle IS giving it her all. The writing blows -- Michelle doesn't. Kimberlin should be there instead, but only with a story worthy of her talents. Really, I mean that.

Please don't kill me.

• Members

Michelle Stafford is a pill these days. Her on screen presence has diminshed and I do not see the nuance in her Shiela portrayal. I'm simply bored. She's simply recreating the icy Phyllis who blew into town and now claps her hand as if she's really happy and wants to show it.

The story sucks and the delivery isn't convincing. That's my opinon; feel free to disagree.

• Members

I'm seriously cracking the fluck up over here. When I left, this post had 3 responds. Now, it has 5 pages :lol:

Place me on team Kimberlin :D

To quote the fine ass Halle Berry as Storm, X-Men, "There's a war coming. Are you sure you're on the right side?"

Archived