Y&R: "Wait a second, that's PHYLLIS' VOICE!!!!!"

• Members

Well anybody can say what they want to but the story is great. Latham is doing a great job. Michelle Stafford is doing so well - she has it right on for me. LeBlanc and Davidson have been great too.

I stand up and applaud Latham for taking this risk and not playing it safe. Sure she could have brought back Sheila and hired Kimberlin Brown just to cash in on the Brown fan base. But she didn't. She knows what is important and it is the story she is telling. And to me right now (I reserve the right to change my mind) but she is hitting a home run with it.

Sure there is some suspension of reality with the plastic surgery and the voice thing, but we as fans let a whole lot more get by on our soaps without saying a word (redeemed rapists and murderers, altered time, SORASing, de-SORASing, cartoon villians being raised from the dead over and over, etc.). These small things don't bother me as some of it can be explained.

I find it more interesting than Brown coming back as Sheila for the same type of story that has been there all along, and Sheila having changed her mind about the plastic surgery.

Good job LML, and great job Michelle Stafford

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, you're calling Meryl Streep a has been? What have you been smoking? She's just gotten ANOTHER Golden Globe and SAG nominated and is a sure bet for an Oscar nomination. The Devil Wears Prada was also the highest grossing movie of her career. I won't even go into why many consider her the greatest living American screen actress. Seriously, what are you smoking to have been thinking that statement?

• Members

Hmm, I don't know, maybe the SAME thing you people who have been bashing Kimberlin are smoking!

I am a Kimberlin fan, so OF COURSE I'm gonna be upset by this. Stop attacking me for it. Although frankly, I really don't give a damn what you think about me, I haven't said anything I regret, and I don't intend to.

• Members

Did the notion of character driven soap opera never occur to you? If it did, you would know CHARACTER = ACTOR. If LML knew what was IMPORTANT she'd know how to write to Sheila's best advantage... dig deep into the complex history, and bring her into the next phase, where she can start to figure out why she is how she is.

We've grown up watching Kimberlin and some of you people are totally insensitive IMO, and have no real respect for soap opera characters in general. Just my two cents.

• Members

Thanks, its important we rally together. Actually, we should do all we can to get involved with every thread about this upstart FauxSheila and if it makes us trolls, and gets us kicked off SON, so be it. I won't let Kimberlin down! She's got too much class to speak out and criticise Y&R's top brass and talentless writing team, so i intend to do it for her.

• Members

First of all, I never dissed Kimberlin.

However, I can see why Kimberlin as Sheila isn't the cup of tea for everyone. Not only was Sheila ruined by Alden and Smith her last time around, but Brad Bell didn't know how to write for her either. Face it people, the only person who understood and knew to write that character was the great Bill Bell, but he's dead now.

However, Michelle is rocking this and she's a talented actress in her own right. She didn't win two Emmy's by just sitting down. Who was Sheila going to come back as? The last time we saw Kimberlin's Sheila, she was asking for a new face. Who better to come back as than Phyllis? Who happens to be Michael's best friend and close friend of Lauren. People would've attacked Latham for more inconsistencies had Kimberlin shown her face on Y&R again. Plus, Y&R isn't even one of the soaps you watch, according to you and your soap rankings. Remind me how this storyline effects you, if you're not a regular Y&R fan.

Archived