Y&R: "Wait a second, that's PHYLLIS' VOICE!!!!!"

• Members

Still watching and not convinced at all.

MS isn't at her best at all. She comes off as Sheila caricature, mimicking (sp?) some off her habits but overall paying some eccentric loony.

Right now I'm hating both: Stepford Phyllis and Pheila - also because MS isn't that good as she was back in the day as the real Phyllis Summers who gave Chris, Danny & Paul more than one serious headache.

I'm nott seeing those Emmys in her for quite some time (except for those birth scenes with Jack in the elevator). Maybe Josh Morrow has dragged her down in the acting apartment!?

Yet, I'll admit that I totally hate the overall story so taht I'm biased.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As an Y&R viewer/fan, I for one love watching Michelle Stafford doing this storyline, rather than her playing "Happy Homemaker" Phyllis. Yes, at one point, it was hot to see Nick and Phyllis together, but as time went by, she just lost her edge...so, seeing her doing something different with and edge is a plus for me.

I understand why some of you voice your views so strongly about not liking the role she's playing now; I respect that, however, I'm actually loving it....

• Members

I agree but disagree. As a Y&R fan I would prefer to see Michelle Staford playing Phyllis, the real Phyllis, not this butter wouldn't melt in her mouth unPhyllis we've been seeing. Y&R, if it was written well, wouldn't have to resort to bringing on a new character for this fantastic actress to play. MS should be able to show her range with the multi-dimensional character Bill Bell created for her. Unfortunately, real Pyllis does not fit into the new direction of this show, so the only way we get to see MS playing her crazy best is for them to resurect a character that should have been left in the land of legend.

Sheila too started out as a multi-dimensional character with believable motives for all her actions (the search for love and acceptance) but under the un-talented pen of many incompetent writers she was reduced to a one dimensional crazy villian that would have been better left off our screens. In a way I'm glad that Kimberlin wasn't invited back because maybe it's better to see someone else pissing all over your part then to have to do it yourself!!!

• Members

I go and have some computer issues and miss a BATTLE ROYALE! LOL! It literally took me an hour to wade through this thread and watch all of the videos.

Okay, gotta say that I LOVE the Kimberlin Brown, Eileen Davidson, Cynthia Watros, Sabryn Genet clip. AWESOME!

And I know I'm late here, but count me in as part of TEAM KIMBERLIN BROWN/THE ONE AND ONLY SHEILA!

Michelle Stafford should be playing the REAL Phyllis and Kimberlin Brown should be playing the REAL Sheila! Plain and simple. Neither character exists anymore because LML assasinated them.

• Members

:lol: My bad. TEAM EILEEN DAVIDSON/KRISTEN!

We have little coalition going on. LOL!

Seriously, I'm one of the seemingly few that hates seeing ED leaving Y&R! And one of the fewer that actually would have like to see the show revisit Victor and Ashley. **ducks from flying tomatoes**

Maybe Y&R's loss will be DAYS gain.

Archived