Y&R: "Wait a second, that's PHYLLIS' VOICE!!!!!"

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope this storyline is a massive flop and not just because of Kimberlin Brown. In these days of soaps losing viewers hand over fist, and cutting costs to match, what is to prevent this amazing plastic surgery from being used on every other character. I can just see it now, Y&R starring Michelle Stafford as Phillis, Shiela, Nikki, Jill, Lauren and Gloria. If Sheila can have the amazing sugery that changes your face, body, eyeballs and vocal cords they can all be replaced with one actress and the show can save a fortune by cutting the high cost veterans. If Everyone looks like Shiela then she won't know who to attack? Y&R might just do with Michelle what Days did with Eileen Davidson, take a popular dual role and have her play so many characters she burns out and quits. It is really too bad LML got rid of Eileen as she could have played against MS as the rest of the Y&R cast.

As for Brenda Epperson, it would be stupid of Y&R to hire her back. If they can't write for Ashley with Eileen in the role why would they be able to write for the character with another actress? Talk about bad writers if they can't write for a character, only a few favored actors.

• Members

I disagree. Ashley is needed, they'll bring her back at some point, and I want BRENDA back and not some damn Re-CAST! That's something I'll shout from the rooftops. I also think LML and her team has done a good job of spreading storylines around within the entire cast since taking over.

As for Eileen's dismissal: Sony owns both Y&R and DAYS. DAYS wants and needs her back. Good business move on their part- and it has nothing to do with LML or lack of storyline for Ashley IMO.

• Members

No, it's quite simple.

On the YouTube video page, copy the "embed" link. Not the URL, but the "embed" link. Then paste it here. Then down below the text box, it says "Post Options." Click on it, and choose "HTML On - Auto Linebreak Mode." Then post. It should work.

• Members

Like it or not, she is here and so far the response has been positive. I wasn't sure that she would be able to pull it off but she has proven me wrong on so many counts. True the s/l just started but from the looks of things, it seems promising.

• Members

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but have those of you who are dissing this, even watching MS as Sheila? If not, then how can you say one way or another if MS is doing a great job or not?

I like Kimberlin, but personally I'm sick of Sheila, but I do have to say it's a refereshing change to see someone like MS play Sheila

• Members

ITA. When I first heard that Sheila was alive, I was LIVID because I didn't want to see her no matter who was playing her, but I decided to not jump the gun and give the s/l a chance and I'm loving it so far. If it drags out too long or becomes stupid, I will have no problem saying that it sucks. And Michelle is doing a great job so far.

Archived