Y&R: SAD CASTING NEWS!

• Members

From SOW: Thanks to OceanView at N/P site.

Revolving Door

Goodbye Ashley - Hello, David

Eileen Davidson departs Y&R on Jan. 11 when Ashley decides to move to Hong Kong. "I've come and gone before," reflects ED. "This isn't like I've been on the show 30 years nonstop and I'm leaving. I left DOOL, too. So I've said goodbyes before." Still, it's sad. "I've been blessed twice by this show," notes ED, who left Y&R in 1988 before returning in 1999. "It made a huge impact on my life in the '80s and it made another huge impact on my life now. I met my husband there. I was able to bring my child to work every day. It's sad in the fact that another chapter has closed."

Meanwhile, another chapter is opening in the Carmen murder case this week. Vincent Irizarry debuts Jan. 9 as the dead press rep's ex-lover, David Chow. "He had intended to ask her to marry him," reveals VI, who's thrilled to have landed on Y&R. "They have a great ensemble cast. Everybody's top notch. Except Don Diamont."

IN: Tony Abatemarco (Mr. Arkadin): Abatemarco makes his mark on Jan. 16.

OUT: Darcy Rose Byrnes (Abby): Ashley takes Abby with her to Hong Kong, which means Byrnes is also off the show.

WHYYYYYYYYY????????????????? I LOVE little Byrnes :(:(:(

Who the HELL is Mr. Arkadin?????

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why couldn't Abby move in with Bradley? Of course she'd probably be beaten to death by a reliquary, but I will definitely miss her. Hopefully with David Tom interested in a return they bring him from his Asian exile along with a recasted Ashley. This was a huge mistake and they need to admit it and fix it. And bring back Abby as well!

• Members

While I'm sad to lose Davidson, Ashley was played, and while Abby is very very cute, it makes much more sense for her to live with her mother so she can be 16 next summer. I'm also excited about Vincent Irizarry. I think Y&R will use him much better than AMC has.

• Members

In a way I'm looking forward Vincent coming to the show, I just wonder if they are doing to make him stand out once he gets on the show. Some of us aren't at all vibing the Carmen Messy Mesta murder storyline, but maybe Vincent will get a lot of interaction with those who aren't involved in the storyline...

• Members

VI said that many of David's early scenes were with Neil/Dru and Sharon, but with as "fiery and aggressive" as he's purported to be, I think he'll eventually involve himself with everyone in his quest for justice for Carmen, the woman he loved and wanted to marry!

• Members

I liked Ashley very much, though I haven't watched Y&R as long as most of you have (only regularly since May 2005). I think she would have been fab with VI's new David! I'm confident that Y&R will take full advantage of all of his considerable talent, experience and strengths as an actor, and I just can't wait for Tuesday! :)

• Members

Since this is somewhat casting thread for Y&R, I will post it here...

I heard that Judith Chapman decided not to renew her ocntract and that she's leaving when her contract is up! I've read this days ago, so I don't remember the link, but if I find the link, I will post it! :D

Archived